Carnival Vista - Havana balcony opinions/options - noise abatement?

mjonis

OK, been doing some research, before I book anything (glad I've done that).

Originally we wanted a Havana room with some sort of balcony (Mainly for access to the Havana stuff, plus we love balconies). Unfortunately a Suite is out of the question (I can't believe how much/expensive the Vista is).

So it looks like there's a negligible difference in price between a Havana Cabana and the Havana Premium Balcony rooms.

Now, (have to use the Carnival site because the cruisedeckplans website just has wrong information for room categories), it looks like all the Havana Premium balcony rooms (or the Havana Aft balcony) overlook the Havana area. OK fine. May look into the Deck 7 Havana Premium Vista Balconies.

But then I read this review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2424000&highlight=vista+havana+premium+balcony+noise

And the part about the noise concerns me (sorry folks I can hear a gnat fart 3 states over).

So I was thinking maybe something on deck 7?

Would that be sufficiently far enough to abate the noise described in the review?

Thanks for any helpful advice about cabin placement/reviews.

I had a Havana balcony, #5231, a few weeks ago. Honestly I didn't hear too much noise, and the ease of walking off my patio and onto the Havana pool deck was awesome. I love aft balconies, but I think on this class of ship I wouldn't enjoy them as much due to it overlooking the pool area...It takes away from the serene atmosphere for me. Plus you have to walk down a deck or 2 to get to the Havana area.. why not just be able to walk out from your balcony into the area?

My only complaint about my cabin on deck 5 was the high glass across from it, that killed the view some. Otherwise it was great, and noise was minimal!

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I'm leaning towards the Aft-view extended balcony. as much as I'd like the Premium Vista balcony (the "wrap around), it's like an extra $400 currently. That would give you rear and side views from the balcony. LOL.

But the Havana area looks so worth the Havana rooms.

thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I'm leaning towards the Aft-view extended balcony. as much as I'd like the Premium Vista balcony (the "wrap around), it's like an extra $400 currently. That would give you rear and side views from the balcony. LOL.

But the Havana area looks so worth the Havana rooms.

One thing to keep in mind is that the aft wraps on deck 7 do not have a sofa. The ones on 6 do, but they are closer to the noise and have more of a side view than aft. We stuck with the extended aft balcony on 7 when the aft wrap on the same deck opened up due to that reason.

Edited by firemanbobswife

We had the havana aft wrap in December on deck 6. You don't really get much of a side view. Next time I would totally just go for a havana extended aft balcony. As far as sound, my boyfriend said he heard the band play one night until about 1130. I didn't hear it. I slept right through it. He said it really wasn't that loud.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

One thing to keep in mind is that the aft wraps on deck 7 do not have a sofa. The ones on 6 do, but they are closer to the noise and have more of a side view than aft. We stuck with the extended aft balcony on 7 when the aft wrap on the same deck opened up due to that reason.

Oh, thanks, I did not realize that. I guess I need to pay more attention to the floor plans. LOL!

Oh, thanks, I did not realize that. I guess I need to pay more attention to the floor plans. LOL!

I have been in the Conquest Class ship ones and they were the same way. So before we switched, I made sure to double check that. It's still a very nice cabin, but since there are 2 of us, we really prefer a sofa. The 2 chairs just don't look all that appealing and we didn't want to sit on the bed all the time either.

I meant to say before that the ones on 7 have more of a side view and not as much aft, not 6. Sorry for that.

We too had 5231, but on the reposition. It was not noisy. Sometimes there were neighbors walking to their cabins and they would stop and chat, but over all pretty quiet. Met a couple with a balcony on 6 who said the noise from the band in the bar at night was "awful". They suggested a Havana aft balcony on 7 to get away from the noise and still enjoy the perks.

After just returning and having a Havana Cabana closets to the pool area, I think the quietest Havana category room would be a Cabana in the middle of the row. We could hear the band....a very little, but we could still hear it. Did not bother us at all. At the far end of the Cabana area is the Ocean Plaza which has music you may hear as well.