Anthem of the Seas My 4K Video, Sail Date Jan 2017, Questions?

JoshuaA

Great video dude! Beautiful photos as well.

Love those silky smooth pans and movement.

I was contemplating getting the Osmo mobile, for my recent cruise. But just opted to go handheld with my Sony action cam. Always such a tough decision packing up the gear bag, eh? Hahah

Thanks! If you reconsider, I'd avoid the Osmo mobile if you have a phone with built-in OIS. I did a lot of research and the ***** fights the phone's optical image stabilization, the result is shakiness around the edges of the video frame. The iPhone OIS is a hardware spring in the main lens element and cannot be turned off. Some people have said use apps like FiLMiC pro to turn off IS but that's software IS and dji's own app already does that. A fix is to use the telephoto, you lose your wide AOV so I don't think that's a good one. You can read about it in their forums and the unhappy customers.

Cheers!

What shows do you need to make reservations for? We have traditional 8:30 PM dining, so does that means the same dining room every night or does RCL still have the rotation of 3 different dining rooms on a 9-day Fl/Bahamas sailing?

I am Diamond level but my cousin who is sailing with me is not...can she go to the Diamond lounge with me? Neither of us drinks alcohol.

Thanks!

MARAPRINCE

What shows do you need to make reservations for? We have traditional 8:30 PM dining, so does that means the same dining room every night or does RCL still have the rotation of 3 different dining rooms on a 9-day Fl/Bahamas sailing?

I am Diamond level but my cousin who is sailing with me is not...can she go to the Diamond lounge with me? Neither of us drinks alcohol.

Thanks!

MARAPRINCE

You will be assigned either Grande or Chic for dining. They will let you know when you get on the ship. Sorry, but you cousin will not be allowed in the DL, but you will have the 3 free drinks from 5:30 to 8:00 that you will be able to enjoy in any of the bars.

Thanks!

MARAPRINCE

One of our girls has a peanut allergy so we often saw Chris the head chef, what a great guy, talked to us about his life, the logistics of working with a multi-million dollar food budget, and how they only buy local before departing NJ, not at ports, so food needs to last 12 days. You'll notice the bananas looking rough by the end of the cruise. Chops steaks probably taste better aged a bit longer so book them later.

David is the manager at Chic/Grande, another stand-up RCI staff member, if you need something changed like a table, if there's an opening, he'll do it pretty fast.

We had 2nd seating, and booked our shows around it, mostly on sea days. Bring your smartphone as the RCI app works on wifi, no cost, and you can see your appts and charges. Any changes you need, just call to re-book. Although before the cruise, it looks like things aren't open, by the time you get on the ship, your appts are pretty flexible. We changed our show date, North Star appt, booked Chops twice (skipped Wonderland) all not a big deal to them as long as there's a vacancy.

Shows we scheduled:

The Gift - liked

We Will Rock You - a bit long, liked

Spectra's Cabaret - liked, is actually in 270 and uses the panels and windows as screens

Avoid the first few rows, it's really LOUD in the Royal Theatre.

Happy Cruising!

Great video. We've sailed the Quantum and will the Anthem next January. Just back from 2 weeks on the Advrnture. One question. We've booked 12318 for next year but think the balcony might be obstructed, where was your cabin? Your balcony looked like it had some sun protection, what category was it? Ours is a D5. Thanks.

Great video. We've sailed the Quantum and will the Anthem next January. Just back from 2 weeks on the Advrnture. One question. We've booked 12318 for next year but think the balcony might be obstructed, where was your cabin? Your balcony looked like it had some sun protection, what category was it? Ours is a D5. Thanks.

Judging by the schematics, 12318 is on the port side at the back: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=12&shipCode=AN&shipProfile=1648&sailDate=1170207&hasNavigation=false

Looking at a real picture of the port side, your room is below the top floor (for cabins/suites) 13th and the furthest back, which incidentally is where the person is standing in the white robe in this pic lol

Gty_Royal_Caribbean_cruise_ship_anthemoftheseas_hb_160208_12x5_1600.jpg

Edited by JoshuaA

I appreciate all the comments, thanks!!

This is the macro shot of the Hublot Big Bang Unico 45mm King Gold in my video I saw in the boutique, as a watch enthusiast, it might be the most expensive on board the Anthem (I'll stick with my humbler Omega Seamaster lol)

Canon 5DIV, 100mm f/2.8L macro lens

32438029531_525316de54_b.jpg

Thank you for the wonderful video, we are sailing in April for the same cruise and can't wait. I have one question what side of the boat do you see the Statue of Liberty on?

Port (left side, same as in the google pic of the ship earlier in the thread).

You'll likely get a better view on Deck 15 outside, and as you depart from NJ, it's cool as you go under Verrazano-Narrows Bridge.

The Statue is pretty far away though, so if you have plan to take a pic, you'll need a super zoom, or on a dslr/ML 200mm minimum.

No worries if you are starboard, you see sunsets from your balcony on the way down vs on the way up.

Edited by JoshuaA