Please join us on a Irie Tour April 4

SailingSal

We are sailing on Navigator on march 31 and will be in Curacao on April 4. There are 4 of us and would like to do the "Surf and Turf" tour with Irie's Tour, but we need at least 10 people. Please join us. The following is a description of the tour:

Surf & Turf Tour

The name says it all, land & sea. Visit the breathtaking Hato Caves and one of the most beautiful beaches on the Island.This cave is home to beautiful limestone formations, romantic pools, a colony of seldom seen long nose fruit bats and stalactites and stalagmites still in formation.Amerindian Arawaks and escaped slaves used these natural shelters as hiding places. Take a 45-minute tour on a paved illuminated path through the caves and see the cave drawings that the Amerindian Arawaks left behind, estimated to be 1,500 years old.

The next stop will be at Plantation House Jan Kok. On our way there, we will pass by the salt lake at St. Willibrodus to see the Flamingos.

“Landhuis Jan Kok” is named after the 18th century slave master Jan Kok who was infamous for his cruelty. Many people on the island still believe that his bad spirit haunts the house.

Nowadays Nena Sanchez (a famous local artist) has a gallery there.

Our last stop is Porto Marie Beach. Here you have 2 hours to spend swimming, snorkeling or just relaxing on the beach.

The price for this trip is $55 and includes: Cruise Critic Special on April 4 $50 pp.

• Beer, soft drinks & bottled water

• Entrance fee at Hato Caves & Porto Marie beach

• Hotel/Ship pick-up & drop-off

DURATION: 5 hours.

To find the tour, go to http://www.irietours.com, mention in the comment that you saw it on Cruise critic to get the $50 special price. That is an awesome price for the tour.

Hope some of you can join us!

Have you posted this on your Roll Call Board in Royal Caribbean under Navigator of the Seas for your cruise date? That would be a place where you can find more cruisers to take this excursion with you.

Have fun!

Thank you - I did that first. But often times I check the ports to see what people recommend, so I thought I may as well post here, too:)

You can also check what other ships are in port that day and find their roll calls and post there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks - I didn't think of that, but I do know that we are the only ship in port that day. I guess that is a happy headache - not as crowded!