Jewel of the Seas, 1/22/17

I don't know the name of the beach but as you go off the ship hang a left and walk down the path. 5 minute walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The beach that's the 15-20 minute walk down the treacherous road is Rainbow Beach. The one that is closest to the ship is simply known as Frederiksted Beach. :)

Do you recall the name of the beach in St Croix? You mentioned it is to the right off the cruise pier. Can you tell me the length of the walk? I looked at the St Croix board, but the beaches mentioned there are 10-15 minute walk partially along a "treacherous" road. Thanks so much!! :)

There is a beach on the left just off the cruise pier, hubby and I have been there several times. You walk to the end of the pier then go left past the tents of vendors, the path is easy to walk. We bring aquasocks (old term but whatever they are called now) because there are rocks on the ocean floor - some at the edge and random rocks when you get out a bit. There is a little restaurant where we get drinks, nachos and free wifi on the beach. We like this spot when we just want to stay nearby but get off the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi! We are leaving on 2/19- Staying in an OS, wondering if you think it's necessary to purchase the beverage package with alcohol? We have activities planned off the ship daily. Thinking by the time we arrive back at the ship we could have a cocktail in the concierge lounge.

Hi! We are leaving on 2/19- Staying in an OS' date=' wondering if you think it's necessary to purchase the beverage package with alcohol? We have activities planned off the ship daily. Thinking by the time we arrive back at the ship we could have a cocktail in the concierge lounge.[/quote']

I can't imagine buying a drink package on such a port intensive cruise. We were up early each morning to go on excursions. By the time we got back on the ship, showered and dressed it was lounge time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums