Pre-cruise emails?

Greyhound3

I used to see multiple emails from Princess as our cruise approached, but lately I've had nothing either in the inbox or when visiting princess.com. Maybe they figure that once someone's in double digits in number of cruises, they don't need the pre-cruise emails any longer. Am I just missing these or has Princess stopped sending them out?

Thanks,

Grey

The ones they send are pretty worthless. They might send one about entertainment, but it's so non-specific as to be annoying.

They'll talk about Movies Under the Stars, but not name a single movie that will be on your cruise.

And they haven't been available in your personalizer for a year or more.

Jim

I have also been receiving pre-cruise emails. And I agree with all the above, no specifics, just trying to sell pre-booked stuff, notations in the emails about who is sailing, their Captain's Circle level, and if you have completed all the personal information/passport info stuff. Generally not all that useful.

Since the emails are rather generic, yet somewhat customized in nature, they may be hitting a spam filter that is run by your email provider, or a spam filter that is in your email client. You may want to check with all the spam folders you have access to. The visual appearance and way the emails are structured might be a trigger for capture for an overzealous spam filter.

I haven't been getting them regularly for a couple of years now. Two years ago when we were getting ready for a British Isles/TA we got several emails where the info was either for a different itinerary, or the areas where information was to be merged from the database was left blank.

Now we just get an occasional email that is mainly to sell something like beverage packages or tours. There's no information about the captain, cd, maitre d', or entertainment.