My time dining

It is those analytics and bean counters that bit RCI in the a$$ when they tried Dynamic Dining. While some things look good on paper, they don't always work out with people.;)

My point is that unless you want to see the big shows in the middle of the day (Cats, Dive Shows, etc.) while you like to enjoy the pool, you are not able to have late dining (8:30). You can make it work with MTD, but you shouldn't have to do MTD to enjoy the entertainment you've paid so much for.

Ashland can probably answer that better, but I think those with reservations get seated first.

Our experiences have been that reservations get seated first.

Those with reservations that have asked for the same table and wait staff may have a slight delay if those that are at the table before them are taking longer to finish. We have never experienced that ourselves but it could happen.

Our experiences have been that reservations get seated first.

Those with reservations that have asked for the same table and wait staff may have a slight delay if those that are at the table before them are taking longer to finish. We have never experienced that ourselves but it could happen.

We like to eat right away, whenever possible so we generally are able to get the same wait staff.:) Sometimes they will even put them down when we make the reservation. :rolleyes:

• 6 months later...

Aug. 31, 2017 Anthem:

:mad::(:mad::(

I don't recall which thread it was, but a few people mentioned that My Time American Icon food was no better than a cafeteria. I didn't believe it, as I thought, how bad could it be on a decent cruise line?

I was wrong. I've had similar, if not better food in a cafeteria. I won't go into details, but suffice it to say, later that evening, I bit the bullet, and signed up for a 5 night dinner package!

I knew we were in for trouble, when as the meal was starting, the manager/host/recording? announced the line's thank you, AND, if we wanted a more attentive and intimate atmosphere (he noted that there were many, many diners) and (paraphrasing)- better food, we should really look into the specialty restaurants.

I found that introduction to the first dinner on a cruise, off-putting, insulting, and something I would not have expected the marketing dept. to approve. The accounting dept. would have liked it.

For the price of the cruise, one should expect much better quality food in the "complimentary" dining venues. I felt cheated.

:mad::(

I will withhold my decision on whether or not to cruise on Royal Caribbean again until the end of the 9 day sailing to Halifax.

Aug. 31, 2017 Anthem:

I don't recall which thread it was, but a few people mentioned that My Time American Icon food was no better than a cafeteria. I didn't believe it, as I thought, how bad could it be on a decent cruise line?

I was wrong. I've had similar, if not better food in a cafeteria. I won't go into details, but suffice it to say, later that evening, I bit the bullet, and signed up for a 5 night dinner package!

I knew we were in for trouble, when as the meal was starting, the manager/host/recording? announced the line's thank you, AND, if we wanted a more attentive and intimate atmosphere (he noted that there were many, many diners) and (paraphrasing)- better food, we should really look into the specialty restaurants.

I found that introduction to the first dinner on a cruise, off-putting, insulting, and something I would not have expected the marketing dept. to approve. The accounting dept. would have liked it.

For the price of the cruise, one should expect much better quality food in the "complimentary" dining venues. I felt cheated.

I will withhold my decision on whether or not to cruise on Royal Caribbean again until the end of the 9 day sailing to Halifax.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Aug. 31, 2017 Anthem:

Well that's not good. MTD has always had the same menu as traditional on our cruises