Carnival Marketing Emails

sanmarcosman

Promotional emails are arriving almost daily now and the link at the bottom only offers the option to unsubscribe from their promotions list. Anyone have an idea how to continue to receive some but not every marketing email Carnival blasts? A rep I spoke with said no, it's either or but a big outfit like Carnival should be able to accommodate me I think.

It is wave season. It will all be over by the end of March.

Also, how would you want Carnival to determine what you receive and what you don't? I personally don't care how good the deal is out of Galveston. Been there and done that at least twice on each ship (three times on the Magic). Where as you might really enjoy a good deal from your home port.

So, no, I don't see a ""big outfit like Carnival" being able to accommodate you. I mean no disrespect but we are all just consumers and they are going to put out their goods and hope we become enthusiastic and book a cruise.

It is wave season. It will all be over by the end of March.

Also, how would you want Carnival to determine what you receive and what you don't? I personally don't care how good the deal is out of Galveston. Been there and done that at least twice on each ship (three times on the Magic). Where as you might really enjoy a good deal from your home port.

So, no, I don't see a ""big outfit like Carnival" being able to accommodate you. I mean no disrespect but we are all just consumers and they are going to put out their goods and hope we become enthusiastic and book a cruise.

Are you aware other cruise operators and travel companies do offer a link to stay subscribed while receiving a lesser volume of emails? I think I should have that option, you do not.

Are you aware other cruise operators and travel companies do offer a link to stay subscribed while receiving a lesser volume of emails? I think I should have that option, you do not.

Really, can you do a screenshot or post a link to one of the cruiselines that offer that option?

In the last few weeks I get almost daily emails from NCL,Royal,Azamara, Celebrity and Princess, as mentioned this is wave season and the volume will dissipate soon.

Really, can you do a screenshot or post a link to one of the cruiselines that offer that option?

In the last few weeks I get almost daily emails from NCL,Royal,Azamara, Celebrity and Princess, as mentioned this is wave season and the volume will dissipate soon.

Here's the info from my account settings with Princess Cruise Lines which is under the umbrella of the Carnival Corporation:

"Affiliate Marketing Opt Out

Princess Cruises is providing this notice.

Federal law gives you the right to limit some but not all marketing from Princess Cruises. Federal law also requires us to give you this notice to tell you about your choice to limit marketing from Princess Cruises.

You may limit our affiliates, including our sister cruise lines in the Carnival Corporation, Holland America Line, Cunard, P&O Cruises Australia, Costa Cruises, Iberocruceros, The Yachts of Seabourn, P&O Cruises, and AIDA Cruises from marketing their products or services to you based on personal information Princess Cruises provides them. This information includes your name, your address, and your history of cruising.

Your choice to limit marketing offers will apply for 5 years from when you tell us your choice. Once that period expires, you will receive a renewal notice which will allow you to limit marketing offers for another 5 years.

If you have already made a choice to limit marketing offers from us, you do not need to act again until you receive the renewal notice. To limit affiliate marketing offers, contact us toll free at 866-329-2870.

That limits affiliate marketing,is Carnival Cruise Lines sending you emails from affiliate companies??

Yes at times and when you call Princess they tamper the delivery rate of emails from the marketing department at your request. I'd prefer to do it directly with my preferred line which is Carnival.