MSC Seaside or RCI Oasis with infant, 7 and 8 yr old

bfamily4

We are currently booked on the Oasis Eastern Caribbean sailing out of PC on Jan. 2018. Family Ocean view cabin. First time on Royal and first time travelling with an 11 mos old. Our 2 kids were 3&4 when we started cruising. I got a quote from MSC for the same itinerary, same date. new ship and a balcony cabin for $500 less. Plus a $50 OBC/free internet/meal package. They also have the LEGO bricks and activities for the kids, which both are currently into. I should also say that after the cruise we plan on heading over to Orlando for Disneyworld and Legoland. DH wants to stay with Oasis so the drive to Orlando is shorter, but I think the kids will have more fun aboard Seaside b/c of their partnership with Lego. Kids are not into Dreamworks movies/characters. They don't even know who the characters are. MY question is, for those who've done MSC or Royal, which one would be best for the kids/infant? Which one is more family/kid friendly? TIA

I think it depends on the 7 and 8 year olds. I looked at oasis and, for my 7 and 10 year olds there were to many things they would want to do but they didn't meet the height or weight restrictions. So we instead choose getaway. I think you have to consider what you kids are going to want to do and go from there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I have not sailed with Royal, but from what little I saw online is there a nursery or anything onboard MSC? I don't know if it's important to you, you mentioned the 7 and 8 year old (my daughter is 6 and loves royals kids clubs). My husband and I don't get out much just the two of us at home, so it important to us when we cruise we also have an option for our 2 year old (we have cruised since she was 6 months) have someplace for her too. It's vacation we like to be able to spend time with the kids, and get a break from the kids if that makes sense. Hope this answer wasn't too all over the place, but just something else to consider.

Sent from my iPad using Forums