Food

NBCNewsGuy

Well, I haven't been on the QM2, (yet! <G>) but as I remember from other Cunard ships, room service breakfasts are served piping hot. You can have Earl Grey tea, (as Marc does,) or English Breakfast or whatever you wish. Bangers and mash are always on the menu, as is kippered herring, scads of fuit, and some sort of apricots in milk or something. Usually there is smoked salmon with capers available with the usual assortment of bacon, low cholesterol "fake" bacon, regular link sausage, toast, English Muffins, omelet bar and either cream of wheat, oatmeal or some other hot cereal (rarely grits, and not cooked properly with salt) You can pretty much order full menu from room service for breakfast. Also an assortment of pastries (and they bring you an assortment)

Dinner- Usually "lobstah" at least one night- and you can ask for multiple lobsters- most lobster lovers do. Often that is the same night as the filet mignon, There is generally a Beef Wellington night, Prime Rib, Well, these are the things I mostly remember! Usually a good fish dish, great soups, including cold soups. There's also some sort of lamb, a couple of times, and other things.

Appetizers- I often get two different ones- They are small, and since you tend to eat slowly and more luxuriently, you fill up without eating too much (I rarely get dessert) I often lose weight on a cruise between the increased activity over my normal day and the slow relaxed eating that allows your body time to feel sated and tell you so, unlike most of our lives where meals are hurriedly eaten and we eat more than we need before our bodies have had a chance to tell us we've had enough.

If I remember correctly, you can even order an omelet on room service. I think you CAN'T get eggs benedict or other specialty items on room service breakfast.

Well, those are my recollections.

Damn! Now I am getting hungry!

What kind of food should I expect at dinner?

Do they serve maine lobster?

Also, room service for breakfast... last cruise, I did it every morning...

Do they have a limited menu?

as i recall there was a limited room service menu for all meals but always available 24 hours a day. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a grill cat and the food was delicious just as good as any new york area 4-5 star resturant and what ever we asked for the cheerfully delivered including caviar , lobster, rack of lamb or whatever. I believe if you treat your server right this would be available in any dining room. best regards jim

The room service menus are different for the various restaurant and grill rooms. I do remember having room service bring bacon and eggs to my partner and I in a Caronia room for breakfast during 2003.

We have found you can have what you like - we often add something to the menu to see if they can do it! As yet, no failures......

We haven't tried Eggs Benedict as cabin service yet, but there is a first time for everything. Should be no reason why we can't!

Archived