Long Beach -- Staggered Check in ---

jtnokia

I have looked at a lot of posts about this and most of them are about other ships and ports. I am looking for anyone who has information about the Long Beach staggered check in. Here are my questions about my check in time of 12-12:30 for April 3, 2017, Inspiration cruise.

1. Do we check at that time?

2. Can we board at that time?

3. Do we still get our S&S cards from the Queen Mary?

4. If so, are we allowed in there before our time?

The last cruise we went on from Long Beach we had a suite aboard Inspiration and we allowed early boarding with the Platinum and Diamond members.

Any information would be helpful.

You can check in anytime after 12:00.

This does not necessarily mean you can board at this time but by then the ship should be cleared and you should be allowed on. In December we were on the Inspiration by 11:00.

S&S cards are not handed out from the Queen Mary. It is very close to the QM but a separate building.

I don't believe you are allowed in the QM unless you pay your way on. I did not go there this last time so not 100% sure.

You can get on anytime after the VIPs, FFTF, and wedding parties. Since this takes a lot of time...we have started showing up at the Long Beach terminal at around 1-2p to board. It's a lot faster and easier that way and by that time you're able to go to your cabin and drop off your carry-ons.

If you feel the need to get on earlier you before your assigned time...you can but there are going to be long lines.

• 2 months later...

Following up on this thread...

If we have a 2:00-2:30 checkin time, is there any point in showing up before that time? If we show up at let's say noon, will we be forced to sit and wait for 2 hours to check in?

I have looked at a lot of posts about this and most of them are about other ships and ports. I am looking for anyone who has information about the Long Beach staggered check in. Here are my questions about my check in time of 12-12:30 for April 3, 2017, Inspiration cruise.

1. Do we check at that time?

2. Can we board at that time?

3. Do we still get our S&S cards from the Queen Mary?

4. If so, are we allowed in there before our time?

The last cruise we went on from Long Beach we had a suite aboard Inspiration and we allowed early boarding with the Platinum and Diamond members.

Any information would be helpful.

I have a lot of the same questions as you (sailing this week on the Imagination). We have the same exact check in times. What time do you arrive and what time did you eventually board?

Thanks for any tips!

bluebolt... Just off Inspiration (just like Imagination) today.

1. Nobody cares what time you check in. There is no staggered check in at the Long Beach terminal that we saw. We arrived around noon (since we drove from San Diego) and due to a problem with the cruise before us debarking late, nobody boarded before 1pm.

We have generally shown up around 10:30 and board by 11:30 or so... assuming the passengers before you debark on time, I would guess that's the way it would be now.

2. You will be given a slip of paper with a boarding "zone" on it. You stand in lines outside behind the number that corresponds with the number on your slip of paper. It's often windy and chilly outside.

3. You get your S&S card when you check in. No check in at the Queen Mary any more. As a matter of fact, it costs $10 per person to even enter that ship. Can't even go to a restaurant without paying. Weird!

Bluedot I agree to twincheryl about Long Beach.

1. We got there at 11 AM and we checked in and was on the boat before noon. The rest of our group didn't get there until about 11:45 AM and we went ahead of them and they checked in. So no staggered check in at All.

2. Yes, twincheryl was right, you get a paper with your zone, we were zone 2. It was a nice day, but it can get windy.

3. Check in is a bit awkward if you arrive before noon, you check in outside. If you come towards noon they push you inside. Not sure why they just don't do the check in inside the terminal in the first place it would be a lot nicer and easier.

I hope this helps you out. Enjoy your trip.

jtnokia

Long Beach Dome is a single entry terminal. The whole ship has to be cleared before ANYONE can enter the terminal. There are now two separate security stations. The first one is to the right, leading directly to the inside checknin area. The second is located to the left, in the area where the #1 & #2 luggage tags are located.

Long Beach has improved greatly over the years. Though expecting a bit of a mess when the Splendor comes to port. Too many cars, not enough (close) parking at the present for a larger ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you very much for the recent replies.

My take away here is, don't worry about my 2:00 - 2:30 checkin, just show up when I can show up and get in line.

Now, I could get there just about anytime, but, it sounds like no point in getting there before 11:00 or so. Right?

PATRLR... You are correct. Arrive whenever it works for you. IMO, there is likely to be a little longer check in line if you come after noon... especially for the weekend cruises, since locals often work a half day on Friday and head to the port... same with people driving 3-4 hours to get there. Many want to miss the morning rush hour traffic, so leave home around 9am.

Sent from my iPad using Forums