St. Patrick's Day...

mummified

They don't do much-----a few meals in the MDR with an Irish theme. But, the Maitre D will be KEN BYRNE (with a brogue as thick as you'll ever hear) I'm sure he'll be singing a few tunes at dinner. They also will have a couple of backdrops set up for pictures. Our wedding anniversary is Mar. 17, hence the picture below (Ken liked my green bow tie with 7 LED lights!). We'll be leaving the ship (repo cruise) as you board on Mar. 12, if you see us just shout!

8611907030_76b6091af2_z.jpg

We were on the Pride Journeys cruise over St. Pat's Day last year and they made a BIG DEAL of the day that night. Bartenders in the Atrium had on green wigs, there were contests and there was actually a bar crawl! Not sure if it was just because it was a Journeys cruise and they do "extra" things or it's the norm. HAVE FUN!

Oh boy, sounds fun! I'll get my own pub crawl going! Chocolate melting cake, wear your green bow so I recognize you! :D

They actually had the Pub Crawl with the CD. I am not sure the amount, maybe $25?? And you go to each bar, have a drink, they have something for you or you do something....we didn't do it because we had primo seats at the Atrium bar where all the action was, but our friends did and they had a BLAST! Again, not sure if it's the norm or just the Journeys cruise. I wonder too if it depends on the CD and what they want to plan for the day. :)

They actually had the Pub Crawl with the CD. I am not sure the amount, maybe $25?? And you go to each bar, have a drink, they have something for you or you do something....we didn't do it because we had primo seats at the Atrium bar where all the action was, but our friends did and they had a BLAST! Again, not sure if it's the norm or just the Journeys cruise. I wonder too if it depends on the CD and what they want to plan for the day. :)

That's awesome. I wish I was on this one! I'll be on one for Valentine's Day-I doubt they'll do anything like this for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's awesome. I wish I was on this one! I'll be on one for Valentine's Day-I doubt they'll do anything like this for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on a Valentine's Day cruise once. They handed out red carnations to all the women entering the MDR. (have done a few Mother's Day cruises too and they hand out pink carnations) Not sure if they still do this anymore with cutbacks. They also have a special dessert. Elegant night happened to be Valentine's Day and I can't even tell you the gorgeous gowns the women wore and the handsome outfits the men wore. Special props for formal pictures and all that. I swear, I wanted to just sit and watch people all night! ;)