Anthem - Transpo NYC to Cape Liberty

I heard of a shuttle to Cape Liberty NJ from 42nd St Manhattan for $30. Has anyone had experience with this? How do I get info? Traveling on Anthem of Seas on April 2.

1/2/2017 to 2/14/2017

Did Uber 2 times from airport hotel and ship to airport. Both times the ride was great, fast professional can't beat the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely arrange it beforehand or Uber. Getting back, our friends (family=4) were charged $140+tolls for a taxi to NYC, the ones waiting outside the port.

Our shuttle was free, but it was from Best Western Plus, Newark to and back since we stayed there.

Your best bet is to use a car service. New York Yellow Cabs will not make the trip because they can't get a return fare coming back.

We have had great success with Carmel 212 666-6666 also Dial 7 gets very good reviews too. 212 777-7777

Jonathan

I called RCCL a couple of days ago and was told that there's a shuttle to Cape Liberty that leaves from the Westin in Times Square located on W. 43rd at 11:00 am at a cost of $35 per person.

That's a good deal for 1 or 2 people considering that the EWR to Cape Liberty transfer is $28.50/pp. If you or anyone else uses this service, please post about your experience on the East Coast Departures board. We need details about exactly how to book this transfer, particularly if you're just doing the transfer without booking a RCL precruise hotel. There just aren't enough options from Manhattan to Cape Liberty.

I called RCCL a couple of days ago and was told that there's a shuttle to Cape Liberty that leaves from the Westin in Times Square located on W. 43rd at 11:00 am at a cost of $35 per person.

Thanx! Good to know. If Uber costs $70 or just a bit more, then I suppose these are the options for the two of us.

Any idea if RCCL arranges any shuttles for the way back to NYC?

Thanx! Good to know. If Uber costs $70 or just a bit more, then I suppose these are the options for the two of us.

I'm sailing on Tuesday and will be watching to see if anything is offered on Anthem by RCL. Many folks are asking these questions. I've seen two disembarkation schedules posted recently and they were both very different in the options that were offered. The reality is that you might not know your options until you're actually on the ship.

I'm sailing on Tuesday and will be watching to see if anything is offered on Anthem by RCL. Many folks are asking these questions. I've seen two disembarkation schedules posted recently and they were both very different in the options that were offered. The reality is that you might not know your options until you're actually on the ship.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Carol! You have been so helpful with advice on so many threads... we are all looking forward to your cruise report and what you discovered.

For this thread, how the transpo options worked out, and in general - details please! (general tips, beach advice in Nassau, food, entertainment, deck spots, etc... )

Appreciation in advance -

M

Does anyone know the cost of a taxi (or Uber) from EWR to cape liberty or back?

There are 8 of us and the RCI shuttle is a bit much!

Taxi is around $60, but I doubt there is a taxi that can hold 8 people and bags.

Hi Carol! You have been so helpful with advice on so many threads... we are all looking forward to your cruise report and what you discovered.

For this thread, how the transpo options worked out, and in general - details please! (general tips, beach advice in Nassau, food, entertainment, deck spots, etc... )

Appreciation in advance -

M

I will be posting a review later this week on the East Coast Departures board. This CC web site has been crazy this week and frustrating to deal with. Bottom line - the trinityreservations.com package for the Ramada was terrific. The other folks I met on the shuttle were very happy as well.