Shore Excursions Nassau - Dolphin Encounter or Dolphin Swim

Fouremco

RCI offers two similar excursions, the Balmoral Island Dolphins Encounter and Beach Break and the Balmoral Island Dolphins Swim and Beach Break. The Encounter is $104.80 CAD per person and the Swim is $176.85 CAD pp. Reading the description for both, it's hard to see what the difference is between them or why one would cost >$70 more than the other. The outing would be for 6 and 7 year old grandkids. Does anyone have experience with these excursions? Is the Swim worth the extra $$$?

I'm also posting to the Ports of Call board, but another query on dolphin encounters in Nassau hasn't received any responses. The Bahamas board isn't at all active, so I'm hoping for better luck here.

I did the encounter and I think the biggest difference between the two is the ratio of participants to dolphin(s). With the encounter you get lumped up with about 10 other people and will go through activities like having your picture taken with the dolphin, you'll stand on a ledge in a row and the dolphin will come to each person and you'll do things like pet the dolphin and feed the dolphin (and have your picture taken with the dolphin). My understanding from people who I talked to about the swim and beach break is that there you'll only have a couple of people plus a trainer with the dolphin and you'll be more interactive - i.e. hang onto the dolphin and it will pull you along type of thing. Also you may spend more time at the centre where they also have things like sea lions, beach with hammocks etc.. If I remember correctly, you'll have to purchase and observer ticket where you can watch but not participate in order to be there with your grandkids.