Just off Epic today

albingirl

Great Stirrup Caye requires a tender. Have not been to the other ports. Had called NCL to book the tender but was not able to, had to wait until on the ship. Booked our tender the first thing once we got on the ship and was able to book tender B. Tender A was full. Tender A and B together was the first tender to leave the ship. BTW Great Stirrup Caye was excellent!

I don't understand this complaint. If the complaint is that standard loungers are too hard, that has nothing to do with Haven/Posh. If the complaint is that there are optional areas of the ship that are "better", does the same apply to staterooms? Is it "class system" that suites are larger/better than insides or balconies?

I don't think that non-suite guests suffer because suite guests have more/better accommodations. If Epic shut down the Haven/Posh for the week, would your cruise have been better? I don't understand the "turn-off".:confused:

Agree. It is not a class system where people are not allowed one level or another. The OP CHOSE not to pay extra FOR extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Balcony, thank God we knew ahead of time they were small. I don't know of a single NCL ship with decent sized balconies.

There are plenty of large non-Haven balconies on the large NCL ships if you know which staterooms to pick. There are CC members who are very...particular about balcony size (myself included :)) .

To albingirl I can see why you felt excluded, regarding the Haven. I do think having a ship within a ship is an interesting concept. For me though If I were to spring for that sort of price, I'd opt for a smaller ship.

I personally liked the Epic and would sail her again. Not for the ports. It's mind boggling to see how you can get 4000 people off and on tenders in 2 ports. And Georgetown Grand Cayman only had 7 cruise ships in port that day :D. Which is always good clean fun for the whole family.

Heard the entertainment on NCL was fantastic and we were not disappointed!

Loved Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. Went early, got good seats and thoroughly enjoyed the performance. It was a 10!

Enjoyed Circus Dreams (even with the noisy people next to us, who never stopped talking loudly throughout the performance… Heard they got kicked off the cruise the next day for fighting in their cabin and disturbing everyone on their deck). Even tho, Circus Dreams was a good performance, I would give it an 8 on 10!

The Beatles was a great performance. You do have to get there early to get a good seat. Watch out you don't trip on the low tables as many people did in the dark. Performance was great, 8 on 10.

Burn the Floor was good, even if I did fall asleep, probably because it was the last night of the cruise. Good dancing. 7 on 10!

Didn't get to see any of the comedy acts as we got sick on the cruise and missed on on some things. Guess we'll have to come back for more!

To albingirl I can see why you felt excluded, regarding the Haven. I do think having a ship within a ship is an interesting concept. For me though If I were to spring for that sort of price, I'd opt for a smaller ship.

I personally liked the Epic and would sail her again. Not for the ports. It's mind boggling to see how you can get 4000 people off and on tenders in 2 ports. And Georgetown Grand Cayman only had 7 cruise ships in port that day :D. Which is always good clean fun for the whole family.

Thanks. Everyone is right. I opted to not pay the high prices. I prefer ships that are much smaller. This ship handled the tendering well, but it's rather off putting to have to get tender tickets in advance. Quite a long line there.

Anyway, thanks everyone for your comments.