How will the new bidding system affect price drops?

Will we still see price drops for undersold cruises as the departure date approaches?

Or will the listed prices seem higher than they have in the past, as they hope people pay for a lower category and then bid up?

I wonder if the April 9 BA sailing is already an example of this effect. Insides/oceanviews are almost entirely sold out, but balconies/spas/minisuites/havens still look remarkably undersold for less than 90 days out/after final payment, but with much higher prices than I remember seeing for that time of year.

i am watching prices right now for feb 25 and march 4 sailings on the escape. Each week on the monday or tuesday before the sailing the prices have dropped alot but i am sure that is often too last minute for most people. I know i am going and have booked my flights but hoping for a last minute price drop as i am going solo and the prices are crazy high right now. I am canadian and the prices have dropped the last few sailings from around $2000 canadian down to under $1000 the week of the sailing so i am hoping the same will happen for me!! Otherwise i actually find the prices this year are more expensive, espeically for solo. I am still going though!!

Used to be called "upsells" ... and those who knew to call (or those who got the phone number from someone here) took part. It was a buyer's initiative.

Now NCL is taking the initiative. I believe it casts a wider net.

I also believe it will minimize price drops. Why advertise that you aren't selling your cabins at the preferred price (by dropping the price) when you can sell it through private bid? And they have ALL the emails ... they can just keep reaching out until they make the sales they are looking for.

The old best advice still stands: buy the cabin you want for the price you are comfortable paying. That way you don't get upset if you don't get an upsell (or your bid accepted) ... and you don't drive yourself crazy thinking the people next to you paid far less than you did for the same cabin.

true but you also can't offer an upsell bid to someone who hasn't booked a room yet

Why would a company want to do this? If you want to cruise, book a cabin. If you want a better one, then save up and book a better one.

I do not understand this compulsive need to book a cabin you don't want so you can try to get a cabin you do want at a discount. Just book what you want. Then, if you get a better cabin, it's a bit of excitement, and you're not crushed if it doesn't happen.

I also don't understand the compulsive need to upgrade she you don't know what you're getting (or losing.) "My bid was accepted! I'm in the Haven! What's the Haven?" "I upgraded and lost all my perks!"

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app