Dining Room Open Embarkation Day - Sun?

Charliesmom

We are booked on the Sun Princess for a 10 day cruise on February 26th. Does anyone know if the Sun has dining room open at lunch on embarkation day?

I noticed that a patter from the Sapphire had one and was curious if other Princess ships did, too.

Roberta

We are booked on the Sun Princess for a 10 day cruise on February 26th. Does anyone know if the Sun has dining room open at lunch on embarkation day?

I noticed that a patter from the Sapphire had one and was curious if other Princess ships did, too.

Roberta

Dining Rooms are usually not open for meals on embarkation day. Everyone goes to the Horizon Lounge to eat. The Dining Room is usually dealing with all the passengers wanting to change their table assignments at that time.

Dining Rooms are usually not open for meals on embarkation day. Everyone goes to the Horizon Lounge to eat. The Dining Room is usually dealing with all the passengers wanting to change their table assignments at that time.

Except for one cruise, I have always had the dining room open on the first day for lunch. The change of table assignments is sometimes done in the other dining room or at a table in a hallway (on the Golden it was near Sabatini's/Wheelhouse lounge).

I agree with Corian - the pizzeria is also a great place to go for lunch. It is a sit down restaurant.

Archived