Television connections

sengil

DARN...I am guessing I couldn't TEST the CDs in the internet cafe? Do they have CD drives in them??

On Millie I took a private photoshop lesson and they let me test my CDs in the computers in the computer lab. They also had card readers in there as well as two readers in the internet cafe, so I was downloading onto my shipboard account (from my MemoryStick) and working with them there (they have photoshop downloaded). If all else fails, they'll burn CDs for you from your account for about $20 (can't remember exactly). You really don't need your computer.

DARN...I am guessing I couldn't TEST the CDs in the internet cafe? Do they have CD drives in them??

I can't recall for sure, but I'd guess the computers in the cafe and the lab do have CD's. They're pretty standard PC's. Also the people in the cafe and lab are pretty willing to help when they are there during posted hours and when they aren't otherwise busy (i.e. no class at that time).

On Millie I took a private photoshop lesson and they let me test my CDs in the computers in the computer lab. They also had card readers in there as well as two readers in the internet cafe, so I was downloading onto my shipboard account (from my MemoryStick) and working with them there (they have photoshop downloaded). If all else fails, they'll burn CDs for you from your account for about $20 (can't remember exactly). You really don't need your computer.

I'm trying to avoid having them burn them because that was the whole point of me buying the roadstor. Guess I'll just wait and see....

I can't recall for sure, but I'd guess the computers in the cafe and the lab do have CD's. They're pretty standard PC's. Also the people in the cafe and lab are pretty willing to help when they are there during posted hours and when they aren't otherwise busy (i.e. no class at that time).

Thanks for the info...I really don't require the assistance as much as a PC with a working CDrom drive to test the CD. I'm pretty technically savvy. ;)

I just meant that they would burn CDs as a last resort, just in case your Roadstor takes a poop. They let me look at my Roadstor CDs in the computer lab, but if you want to do it in the internet cafe, you'll need the folks there to help you with it. If I recall correctly, only a couple of the computers in there have drives, and you'll need to have one of the employees insert it and do it for you, if they even will. They don't want you running in there with any old disk and putting it in, so I think they're password protected.

I just meant that they would burn CDs as a last resort, just in case your Roadstor takes a poop. They let me look at my Roadstor CDs in the computer lab, but if you want to do it in the internet cafe, you'll need the folks there to help you with it. If I recall correctly, only a couple of the computers in there have drives, and you'll need to have one of the employees insert it and do it for you, if they even will. They don't want you running in there with any old disk and putting it in, so I think they're password protected.

OOOHHHHH...my apologies..I obviously misunderstood. I've only used the computers on Royal Caribbean briefly to get / send email

Can anyone say with some certainty if TVs on Summit have EITHER RCA OR the S video connections? The Roadstor comes with cables for each. We are taking the Roadstor cause it takes up less space AND if something would happen, I'm only out $300 instead of $2000 for my laptop.

Thanks for any info !!!

PS - We only have a standard verandah cabin :-)

Hopefully I am not adding to the confusion:

We have only been on Infinity so far. Our FV cabin had 2 TVs! They were both Philips TV sets and neither one had RCA or S-Video connections on the front or back (although one of the TVs had a VCR which had front RCA inputs that could be used). Infinity Cabin TV Photo and Infinity Cabin TV with VCR Closeup Photo.

Here is another thread detailing a different poster's experience aboard Summit--in short there were no RCA jacks and a VCR was installed by a ship personnel: Summit experience

Hopefully I am not adding to the confusion:

We have only been on Infinity so far. Our FV cabin had 2 TVs! They were both Philips TV sets and neither one had RCA or S-Video connections on the front or back (although one of the TVs had a VCR which had front RCA inputs that could be used). Infinity Cabin TV Photo and Infinity Cabin TV with VCR Closeup Photo.

Here is another thread detailing a different poster's experience aboard Summit--in short there were no RCA jacks and a VCR was installed by a ship personnel: Summit experience

Well I'll just create the CDs and TRY to test them in the internet cafe. From what I remember it's only pushing ONE button on the machine and it automatically burns it. So I SHOULDN'T need to see any menus, just if I was playing DVDs which it appears I won't be :-(

To the contrary -- the cafe machines have no I/O access available at all except for the keyboard, mouse and video! They lock 'em down tight. On some ships, you can't even access the machine. On those that are physically accessible, there's no way you'll be hooking up to them. The solution, as someone noted above, was to talk to the celebrity@sea folks about using one of the notebooks in their teaching lab. Everyone I've talked to with this problem has been able to work something out with them.

Thanks for all the advice. Not that its anyone's business, but my DH is not going to be "holed up in the cabin" all day and night. This is something he likes to do in between the activities or if there is something I want to go to and he does not, he will watch a boxing match or a movie he brought.

Thanks again for all the advice on the connections. :o

Thanks for all the advice. Not that its anyone's business, but my DH is not going to be "holed up in the cabin" all day and night. This is something he likes to do in between the activities or if there is something I want to go to and he does not, he will watch a boxing match or a movie he brought.

Thanks again for all the advice on the connections. :o

I also thought of taking some DVDs with us to watch in bed right before we go to sleep, I will be a little disappointed if we can't but not a big deal for us.

Enjoy your cruise...after all it is YOUR hard earned vacation!!

Archived