Recommendations for waterproof cell phone pouches

Soramor

We were down in Discovery Cove this past summer and saw a ton of people with those waterproof pouches to hold their cell phones. They were actually swimming with them and taking pics with them! I was amazed. So I looked on Amazon to get a couple for our incoming cruise. There are a lot and they seem to have similar reviews. Given that phones are expensive and necessities for us, I'm a little hesitant to go snorkeling with a phone around my neck, but so many people were doing just that, they must work pretty well. have you ever used one? If so, what was your experience? Are there any particular ones that you would recommend?

We were down in Discovery Cove this past summer and saw a ton of people with those waterproof pouches to hold their cell phones. They were actually swimming with them and taking pics with them! I was amazed. So I looked on Amazon to get a couple for our incoming cruise. There are a lot and they seem to have similar reviews. Given that phones are expensive and necessities for us, I'm a little hesitant to go snorkeling with a phone around my neck, but so many people were doing just that, they must work pretty well. have you ever used one? If so, what was your experience? Are there any particular ones that you would recommend?

Have I used one? Yes. For my cell phone? No. For a land camera before reasonably priced underwater cameras came out? Yes.

Do they work? The one I have does. You should know however, with a little air in the bag, it is going to float. So you might want to have a way of keeping it from floating up in your face. On the other hand, you do want it to float in case it gets away from you.

The main things to look for is size and how it closes. Then test it at home with paper before you put something expensive in it.

I got the one from Joto and it does work. But the touchscreen won't work when you are underwater. So unless your phone can use a physical button (like volume down) to take picture, you won't be able to take underwater pictures when snorkeling.

Have I used one? Yes. For my cell phone? No. For a land camera before reasonably priced underwater cameras came out? Yes.

Do they work? The one I have does. You should know however, with a little air in the bag, it is going to float. So you might want to have a way of keeping it from floating up in your face. On the other hand, you do want it to float in case it gets away from you.

The main things to look for is size and how it closes. Then test it at home with paper before you put something expensive in it.

This is the one I have in my Amazon list currently. It had something like 18,000 reviews. I'm glad to know you personally have used this one! I'm going to have to mess around with my phone settings to see if I can figure out how to take pictures about the touchscreen

A side note; the case is also a great place to store accessories like SD cards, USB thumb drives, etc. It's great having them all in one easy to find container. (Beats the Hell out of the good old days where we had to carry a separate case just for all of our (analog) film and fill up at least one drawer in our cabin with exposed film.

A side note; the case is also a great place to store accessories like SD cards, USB thumb drives, etc. It's great having them all in one easy to find container. (Beats the Hell out of the good old days where we had to carry a separate case just for all of our (analog) film and fill up at least one drawer in our cabin with exposed film.

Wow that's a fantastic idea!

We used one on our cruise in Nov 2015. We bought JOTO and purchased it from Amazon and at the time I had the iPhone 6Plus. Before we even left for the trip, I tested it. I put a piece of paper in it and then set it in water for a couple of hours. When I was ready to see if the paper inside was still dry, I made sure to dry off the outside completely, then opened it up. The paper was completely dry.

It worked beautifully in the ocean and I will do the same thing again for next year's cruise, though I will have to buy a new one as my phone is different now.

I put credit card and some cash in it with my phone. Took it to water parks a few times and worked great. My wife had to put her inside a locker... when we are ready to leave.. her phone was almost dead... I guess it was trying to get signal thru the thick metal.

I also got a pouch for her kindle paperwhite. She likes to read floating in our pool and in the bath tub.

I got mine of Amazon, about $7. I tested it first at home. I also put my phone I to a freezer bag as well just in case of failure

I have found the pouches because they are a firm plastic can start to split around seals.

My phone is pretty expensive and it's survived so far. I use the ones that go over my shoulder, my aunt uses the one that ties around the waist. She likes this type, she has no problem with hers either.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I got mine of Amazon, about $7. I tested it first at home. I also put my phone I to a freezer bag as well just in case of failure

I have found the pouches because they are a firm plastic can start to split around seals.

My phone is pretty expensive and it's survived so far. I use the ones that go over my shoulder, my aunt uses the one that ties around the waist. She likes this type, she has no problem with hers either.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I was actually surprised how inexpensive they are. The one in looking at on Amazon is $7.99. But knowing that the plastic can crack after a while, I guess they makes sense. I never considered that!