Conquest-Class Dining Assignments???

SeaSick

Does anybody have a clue how dining assignments are made? All of our cruises have had us walking to the other end of the ship from our stateroom. Maybe Carnival thinks we need the exercise. Other than times, there must be some method they use to determine which dining room is assigned. Anybody have any ideas?

I know what you mean. On one cruise, I was in cabin E1 (can't get anymore forward than that), and my dining assignment was the aft dining room! THAT was a lotta walking, and since I have all meals in the dining room, that was three times a day! Of course, that probably accounted for the fact that I LOST a pound while on the cruise.:D

Logically, you'd think they would assign dining nearest your cabin. But, obviously no rhyme nor reason.:rolleyes:

I'm hoping I'll get a dining room far from my cabin next cruise. I too got so much exercise that for the first time, I didn't gain any weight. I calculated that I walked about 1 mile per day going back and forth to dining room and shows. Conquest is 990 feet long so it's a 1980 foot trip from front (cabin) to back (dining room), round trip. So three of those a day would be over a mile. I was on the Elation, but I kept getting lost and took me half the trip to figure out how to get all the way through the ship.:D

Archived