Is 14K too much for the 2BD ATS on Allure in August?

kreneec28

Yes, it's with all the discounts. So, here's what I did. I went ahead and booked it. I can monitor for price drops but at least I have it[emoji4] That's how much I want the room.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Enjoy it; probably my favorite cabin of any cruise I've ever done!

We booked the 2BR ATS, deck 9 1 year advance for our sailing leaving this weekend. We were around 13K (after taxes and fees) for 4 adults and 4 children. Booked when 30% off every passenger rates were advertised.

We priced it for a Thanksgiving cruise for two adults and three teenagers at $18,000 and took a pass.

Here's another suggestion, book an OS with a connecting at a much cheaper price. We have done OS our last two cruises (Oasis & Allure) and have another one booked for October (Oasis).

We really like the floor plan and huge balcony. I have gotten the OS for around $6000 during Spring Break and Halloween. That included taxes and trip insurance. They started out at around $8200, but I kept tracking them until they got down to a reasonable price.

We priced it for a Thanksgiving cruise for two adults and three teenagers at $18,000 and took a pass.

Here's another suggestion, book an OS with a connecting at a much cheaper price. We have done OS our last two cruises (Oasis & Allure) and have another one booked for October (Oasis).

We really like the floor plan and huge balcony. I have gotten the OS for around $6000 during Spring Break and Halloween. That included taxes and trip insurance. They started out at around $8200, but I kept tracking them until they got down to a reasonable price.

I didn't think about getting two cabins.[emoji848]

Where is it sailing too? Note Hurricane Season can affect the cruise if in this area

http://weathertiger.com/uncategorized/2017-atlantic-hurricane-season-first-outlook/

So get the trip insurance. If not available as you already booked there are independent travel insurance companies you can buy the insurance if the trip is our far enough

If you really want the ATS, I agree that you should go for it as it will get snapped up quickly, and the price will most likely not drop. We booked it for 15K on Oasis over Spring Break for 4 adults. Just remember all the perks that come with Star Class- Premium drink package, free meals at all Specialty Restaurants, Royal Genie, reserved seating at most shows, priority boarding and disembarking, etc.

Where is it sailing too? Note Hurricane Season can affect the cruise if in this area

http://weathertiger.com/uncategorized/2017-atlantic-hurricane-season-first-outlook/

So get the trip insurance. If not available as you already booked there are independent travel insurance companies you can buy the insurance if the trip is our far enough

I just looked at my itinerary. I said it was Allure, but it's the Oasis. Going to Labadee, San Juan and St. Maarten on 8/13/2017.

If you really want the ATS, I agree that you should go for it as it will get snapped up quickly, and the price will most likely not drop. We booked it for 15K on Oasis over Spring Break for 4 adults. Just remember all the perks that come with Star Class- Premium drink package, free meals at all Specialty Restaurants, Royal Genie, reserved seating at most shows, priority boarding and disembarking, etc.

That's one of the reasons I want this cabin - Star Class. [emoji4]

I just looked at my itinerary. I said it was Allure, but it's the Oasis. Going to Labadee, San Juan and St. Maarten on 8/13/2017.

So the trip insurance woukd be a good thing. RCL can change stops if necessary but as what happened a year or so back, they had to cancel a trip and issue refunds. I would rather cancel a trip than to have tried to sail though a hurricane like RCL tried to do.

Your trip cost looks great. With a few speciality dinners, a few spa deals for my DW, our 7 days will just be under $7,300 assuming we dont hit the shops on board!:eek::D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote

We are on this sailing!! Our adult daughter and her family are also going. Can't wait to see it through newbie eyes!! :D

That's one of the reasons I want this cabin - Star Class. [emoji4]

I have looked at the Class benefits and I am not sure they are worth it if you are in a "normal" suite. Except for the Genie and maybe the included drink package I don't see it's worth the extra cost as you get all the other benefits by just using the concierge.

We once had a butler when we were upgraded to a PH on an Oceania ship and truthfully we never used him.

Perhaps. However, the larger suite size, you can eat in your suite without the din and noise of the crowd, the amenities in the suite can be compelling.

For honeymooners or a large generational family, the privacy and superior service can be a once in a lifetime or a regular deal for some folks.

A hotel room along a highway serves it purpose but not likely a 5 star experience. I have seen suites with their own jacuzzis .etc.

When we were new to cruising we were not even sure if we would like any aspect of cruising. Once we found we loved cruising, we kept upgrading our experiences.

All depends on your situtation and budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote

We are on this sailing!! Our adult daughter and her family are also going. Can't wait to see it through newbie eyes!! :D

This is going to be our 2nd time on it. Very nice ship!!!

I have looked at the Class benefits and I am not sure they are worth it if you are in a "normal" suite. Except for the Genie and maybe the included drink package I don't see it's worth the extra cost as you get all the other benefits by just using the concierge.

We once had a butler when we were upgraded to a PH on an Oceania ship and truthfully we never used him.

I've tried the Sky Class and liked it a lot. Now want to take it a step further with the Star Class to see if I'm gonna be WOW'd[emoji4]

We have a 300 square foot room on the Harmony for 4 we booked more than a year and a half ago for about 4 thousand. It is an ocean balcony. This is our 10th cruise. We will go to all the shows, scuba in Cozumel, do many activities-sit on the balcony for brkf and sleep in the room. I wish we could afford to have a suite, however 14 thousand --that's a car or a trip to Hawaii or England with all the trimmings. The drive shaft just broke on my car, but even so, I work too hard so I am exhausted. I could never justify spending 14 thousand on a cabin. We will have fun and do everything you do-but to spend that in a week seems like a dream-a dream that doesn't make sense in my life. With 14 thousand I could fix my car, redo my kitchen, fix my driveway, put up a privacy fence (all on my wish list) and come off a week cruise with the same happy memories. Life would be so good.