Questions about Splendour

brcris75

Time is ticking down and I'm so excited. This is our first time ever in anything other than an interior. We have a Junior Suite!! I know to a lot of you that may not seem like much but to us it may as be the Royal Suite!! :)

Anyway, there are a couple things I'm wondering about:

It says the bathroom has a bathtub. Is it just a tub, or a tub/shower?

Does anyone have pictures of JR suites?

The deck plan shows a grey area in front of our cabin (8070). It doesn't say what it is. Would anyone know? Possibly a storage area? Probably the noisy laundry room! But who cares?? I'm there! Just curioius.

I started a roll call but no one has joined. Anyone at all out there going with us Dec. 5??

Thanks so much to anyone who might be able to help with my questions!

I may have answered one of my questions. I looked at deck plans on another website. The "grey area" appears on this one to look like stairs. Does anyone know for sure. The two different ones I looked at didn't look quite the same...

We're on this cruise. DH, DS (age 7) and I. This is our third cruise and we are looking forward to it as well.

I heard there's a M&M but haven't joined yet... Just finished the 57 pages of the tips pages and that was more than I could realistically handle!!

Great tips though... We're on Deck 7, interior. (can't remember the room though) and I'd have to go check to post.

Only two weeks away, right? Lots of packing to do... :)

The Splendour was our first Royal Caribbean ship. She is beautiful. We usually have an inside cabin but this time we splurged on a JS also for the bathtub! This will be our first JS. We are in 8080, an aft balcony. Has anyone been in this cabin before? We're really looking forward to this cruise to recuperate after the hectic holidays.

Julie

We're on this cruise. DH, DS (age 7) and I. This is our third cruise and we are looking forward to it as well.

I heard there's a M&M but haven't joined yet... Just finished the 57 pages of the tips pages and that was more than I could realistically handle!!

Great tips though... We're on Deck 7, interior. (can't remember the room though) and I'd have to go check to post.

Only two weeks away, right? Lots of packing to do... :)

Yes only 2 weeks! I'm getting so anxious! My 7 year old grand daughter is going too. She'll be glad to know there are other kids her age!

I didn't know about a M&M. Where did you get info on that?

Did you check about your cabin #? My mom is in cabin 7085. We're in a JS, #8070.

The Splendour was our first Royal Caribbean ship. She is beautiful. We usually have an inside cabin but this time we splurged on a JS also for the bathtub! This will be our first JS. We are in 8080, an aft balcony. Has anyone been in this cabin before? We're really looking forward to this cruise to recuperate after the hectic holidays.

Julie

We've been in the corner aft, but I can't remember the cabin number. Since the corner balconies on Splendour don't wrap around the way they do on Vision, they are pretty much the same size as the other aft balconies. They are wonderful. The crew has an outdoor area on deck 5, I think, where they sit out at night, smoking & having fun, but they aren't really noisy, and I think it's nice to see them be able to relax a bit with all the work they do for us.

I posted a tip on the Tips/Tricks thread and mentioned our cruise date/ship and someone (can't remember who) told me to go to the M&M post for our own M&M... Haven't done it yet; but will probably get around to it sometime this week.

We're in IS 7031. Nothing special about it except that it will be on a SHIP!!! Can't wait... Counting down the days...

I looked on a M&M post and if i understand it right an actual M&M has to be on a 7 night cruise. But I really don't know anything about it so I could be wrong. :) Even if there's not an official meet, it would be fun to meet on our own. Probably will at Adventure Ocean anyway since we both have kids going! Another member, cruisertobe, has kids too. I think they are 5,8 and 10.

We've always had an inside cabin. We book as cheap as we can since we're only in there to sleep, shower, etc. And I'd rather go "cheap" and go more often! This time we had actually booked an IS. I happened to be online and saw an incredibly low price on the JS, called my TA and had her check (figured it was a misprint!)-it was the last one so they'd lowered the price! Boy was I excited!

My kids are asking about yours. Do you care to give names? If you'd rather you can email me at robbiec@tcac.net

Brian (34)

Mini (34)

Alec (7)

We try to limit the amount of time our little guy spends at Adventure Ocean (it is after all a FAMILY vacation)... However, he usually disagrees. He has WAY too much fun at the kid's area.

We'll see how it goes this time around. This time we are definately taking the ever popular GAMEBOY for him; and are considering my laptop too (so he can watch kid friendly movies-when the ship doesn't provide them)...

I don't think this ship has a pool slide. On CCL (Glory-our last cruise), it was a total hit for him... He was on the slide for hours!! He's old enough to swim; but I don't like him in the deep end (just in case). I am usually a lounger and just watch him play! Always plenty of kids to play with though... I'm sure we'll be meeting off/on at Adventure Ocean if your kids are in similar ages... :)

Ours are:

Dylan (9)

Kami (7)

On our first cruise Dylan ,then 7, didn't do the kids program at all. It was stictly a family thing. Kami was on the next one and they kept seeing all the fun things the kids were doing so picked a few activities to go to, which they loved! It was just Dylan on our last one but we couldn't drag him away. And they are already planning for this one! Dylan loved the slides on CCL too. He's looking forward to the Putt Putt on this one.

The gameboy is a great idea. We took Dylan's last time. It was great to occupy him why we got ready for dinner, etc.

Any suggestions on where to stay in Houston/Galveston area the night before? Maybe we should move this to the roll call? :)

We (adults) are very excited about this trip. I absolutely love cruising and prefer RCCI over CCL. So this is a real treat for me. My son (7) is probably more excited about the cruise than we are! He absolutely loves AO and can't wait to go and have fun with other kiddos. He's very social and like any other kid, loves playing with others in his age group. Your kids sound right up his alley! :)

I don't know how much time we'll devote to AO. In the past, it's been an occassional experience. But since he's SO looking forward to it, we'll have to plan as we go. They usually have so many activities for them, arts & crafts, kid movies, splash pool, etc.

We had to drag him out a few times (on past cruises)! :) See you on the "other" board. :)

Archived