Any credit if you didn't book early saver and price drops?

My TA will match the price drop (even if I don't book early saver), but it needs to be before I've made my final payment. Also I've had to show him where I see it. My assumption has been that he cancels me, and rebooks me immediately into the same cabin.

What we have experienced in the past. If were paid in full, and there is a cheaper price, we have got the difference as a on board ship credit. However if we have not yet paid in full, they have deducted the difference from our balance owed. So you need to call! Enjoy your cruise👍

What we have experienced in the past. If were paid in full, and there is a cheaper price, we have got the difference as a on board ship credit. However if we have not yet paid in full, they have deducted the difference from our balance owed. So you need to call! Enjoy your cruise[emoji106]

You have to be booked Early Saver for that to happen.

My TA will match the price drop (even if I don't book early saver), but it needs to be before I've made my final payment. Also I've had to show him where I see it. My assumption has been that he cancels me, and rebooks me immediately into the same cabin.

Are you saying that if the price drops $80 your TA will match that $80? If not your TA isn't really matching anything. The cruise line is giving you the reduced rate.:)

Bill

Are you saying that if the price drops $80 your TA will match that $80? If not your TA isn't really matching anything. The cruise line is giving you the reduced rate.:)

Bill

Agree. That's nothing special and anyone can get that even booking directly with the cruise line. You just have to be careful that your TA doesn't charge for price drops.

Bill

What I'm saying is this...assume my fare (NOT early saver) was $1000, for category Q. It is before final payment date. Fare for category Q drops to $900. I call my TA, show her where I see $900 for category Q, and my new fare is $900.

Of course "my TA isn't matching anything" -- what my TA is doing is "matching" the current pricing that the cruise line is offering. To nit-pick (which for some reason you're choosing to do), the cruiseline isn't "matching" either...they're simply lowering the price.

Touche!

What I'm saying is this...assume my fare (NOT early saver) was $1000, for category Q. It is before final payment date. Fare for category Q drops to $900. I call my TA, show her where I see $900 for category Q, and my new fare is $900.

Of course "my TA isn't matching anything" -- what my TA is doing is "matching" the current pricing that the cruise line is offering. To nit-pick (which for some reason you're choosing to do), the cruiseline isn't "matching" either...they're simply lowering the price.

Touche!

You're right that it's Carnival reducing the price. The TA does not cancel you and rebook you in the same cabin as you had previously said. They simply reduce the amount owed and you keep your same booking number.

Wish my sailing had some price drops [emoji853].

You're right that it's Carnival reducing the price. The TA does not cancel you and rebook you in the same cabin as you had previously said. They simply reduce the amount owed and you keep your same booking number.

Wish my sailing had some price drops [emoji853].

Beat me with the answer:)

Last few cruises ES has not gotten us anything at all as we watch prices go up.

Touche!

wouldnt be much of a TA if they didnt do this. everyone who books can get this

FYI, I called about the reduced fair. The agent (Carnival) tried to rebook at the lower fare...at first she wasn't sure if it would work or not. It looked like it was working, then she said the computer would not let her do it, since it was after final payment. :(

Oh, well. I tried. There were plenty of cabins left and the price was just reduced $20 pp, but that's still a few drinks for us! :)