Harmony Family Cruise - One Couple Has Traditional Dining - Two Couples have My Time

We are reserved for the Harmony next January. This is a family cruise, three couples, and we all prefer traditional late dining with having the same wait staff. Two of us just booked yesterday, while the other couple booked last week. The couple who booked last week got late traditional dining, while the rest of us got My Time Dining. We are currently on a wait list for the traditional dining. Has anyone out there been in this position and actually ended up with the dining preference you wanted......or are we pretty much out of luck? As a last resort, we will all just do My Time, but we sure would prefer late dining. I called our agent and RCCL and both said traditional is all reserved, but by January there should be openings for late dining. Not sure I believe this or not. I'm surprised this ship has two floors for My Time and only one floor for Traditional. Maybe we have been missing out on something by not trying My Time? I've read some reviews of not so happy passengers with My Time, so we've never tried it. If we end up with My Time on this ship, does anyone know if it's possible to request the same table each night so you get the same wait staff? I appreciate any advice my fellow cruisers have to offer!

The fact that you are on a wait list this far in advance leads me to believe that you will clear the wait list well before the cruise. In case you don't clear the wait list, go to the MDR as soon as you board and try to switch there.

We are reserved for the Harmony next January. This is a family cruise, three couples, and we all prefer traditional late dining with having the same wait staff. Two of us just booked yesterday, while the other couple booked last week. The couple who booked last week got late traditional dining, while the rest of us got My Time Dining. We are currently on a wait list for the traditional dining. Has anyone out there been in this position and actually ended up with the dining preference you wanted......or are we pretty much out of luck?

I booked in July for the March 26 oasis sailing I got MTD also and was waited listed for late traditional dining. I called in for help with something unrelated and they asked if I wanted to see if I could be moved off the wait list. I said sure and they put me on hold for about 5 minutes and came back and said it was done. Give them a call, it's worth a try :)

We were placed on the waitlist for Early Dining on Liberty - we booked 12 months prior to sailing and was given our preferred dining time about 6 months out. I reckon you will be ok.

This is great to hear, AussieCruiser2332! This definitely gives me hope that our situation could get resolved. Glad it worked out so well for you! :)