Snorkel excursion question on Divina

dinibo

Hello!

I am planning my first cruise on the Divina in June. We will be stopping in San Juan, St. Marten and Nassau. One of the things I really want to do on this trip is snorkel but I'm finding with the timing many of the non ship excursion don't really work with the times we will be in port. Has anyone taken the official MSC excursions in Nassau such as the CATAMARAN REEF SNORKEL & SAIL or the ATHOL ISLAND SNORKEL? Is one better than the other? I'd love to do a Stuart Cove trip but with a a 12-6 window in port I'm not sure we can squeeze in to a 12:15 pick up. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated!

• 1 month later...
I'm going in June as well and have this exact same question. Seems like no one has done these excursions yet, maybe? Perhaps a thread bump could help to get this seen by someone who has done one. Thanks:D

I don't know what trip in June you are doing but if anyone is on the cruise that is in Nassau on the 30th we are trying to get a private tour group assembled. This would be with Bahama boat tours for 4 hours and include a tour of the harbor, beach time at rose island, snorkeling and potential reef fishing. We have two couples and are looking for at least 1 more, although we could do up to 4 more people total. It is $75 each. Just let me know if anyone wants to join in!

Hello!

I am planning my first cruise on the Divina in June. We will be stopping in San Juan, St. Marten and Nassau. One of the things I really want to do on this trip is snorkel but I'm finding with the timing many of the non ship excursion don't really work with the times we will be in port. Has anyone taken the official MSC excursions in Nassau such as the CATAMARAN REEF SNORKEL & SAIL or the ATHOL ISLAND SNORKEL? Is one better than the other? I'd love to do a Stuart Cove trip but with a a 12-6 window in port I'm not sure we can squeeze in to a 12:15 pick up. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated!

I would be a bit cautious about traveling out to Stuart's Cove with a window of 12-6. The prospect of making port at 12 and the ship able to disembark passengers for you to make the 12:15 pickup seems to me to be more than a bit optimistic. We did a two tank dive out there a couple of years ago and it took a good part of a whole day. Don't know how long their snorkeling tours last, but with a 1/2 hour ride out and then 1/2 hour back, you'd be cutting it pretty close. BTW, they do a great job on the scuba dives and I have no reason to think that they don't on the snorkeling.

I would be a bit cautious about traveling out to Stuart's Cove with a window of 12-6. The prospect of making port at 12 and the ship able to disembark passengers for you to make the 12:15 pickup seems to me to be more than a bit optimistic. We did a two tank dive out there a couple of years ago and it took a good part of a whole day. Don't know how long their snorkeling tours last, but with a 1/2 hour ride out and then 1/2 hour back, you'd be cutting it pretty close. BTW, they do a great job on the scuba dives and I have no reason to think that they don't on the snorkeling.

Thanks for the tip! I agree it doesn't look like Stuart's Cove is a good choice for this trip. It is a shame as they seem like a great company! Maybe next trip!

I don't know what trip in June you are doing but if anyone is on the cruise that is in Nassau on the 30th we are trying to get a private tour group assembled. This would be with Bahama boat tours for 4 hours and include a tour of the harbor, beach time at rose island, snorkeling and potential reef fishing. We have two couples and are looking for at least 1 more, although we could do up to 4 more people total. It is $75 each. Just let me know if anyone wants to join in!

We'll be there on the 23rd or else that would have been great. I was looking for someone who went to Rose Island or any other secluded beach for a little beach time besides snorkeling, but our time frame is just not right for any tours I found. A private charter seems about the only choice but they're so expensive for the short time we're here, I thought about the ships excursions to save a few bucks for the other port's excursions we have planned.