children up late

airt

We are firsttimers sailing on the Mariner in 6 days (wooohooo!!) and this is the first I've heard of the Cabin voicemail. I'm curious, are there phones available all over the ship to leave messages for your cabin voicemail? So my 15 and 12 year old boys can check in from wherever they are, to update us on any changes in plans? If so, that's making me feel much better about keeping track of them. I will also be adopting the same policy of sticking to the group activities when it's late, otherwise the curfew will get earlier. We also have the 2-way radios, but we only have 2 of them, so we'll only be able to give a set to one boy. But the voicemail sounds like a great option. Thanks for the info.

Karen

Cabin voicemail is a great way to keep track of my husband too. We often do different activities on board and I often leave a message for him, like "I'm at the spa for an hour" or meet me in the Windjammer at 1:00". When our teenage daughter cruised with us, she HAD to always leave us a message on the cabin voicemail stating where she was. DH & I often would pop by where she was supposed to me - just to ensure she was where she should be - and not getting into trouble. We've never tried the radios, but have listened to endless "crackling" and "can you hear me?" from our fellow cruisers.

Have a great first cruise - you're going to love it.

Sue

Archived