Are you able to decorate the outside of your cabin door?

Pier290

It seems to be a new phenomenon that I've seen on several threads this week. "I'm going to ask about something but you are only allowed to post the answer I want to hear." Pretty outlandish request on any discussion board.

Actually, That's not exactly so. People have been asking questions, but asking posters to provide the answers without passing judgement. Just like the poster who said "you can, but its tasteless". The word choice is judgmental and insulting to the OP. It implies that her just considering it means she has no taste.

So... if people have questions (I posted one not that long ago about washing one's hair at the thelasotherapy pool shower), they just want an answer or appropriately worded response that provides them with alternative perspectives etc....instead of personal insults.

Btw... I surely do not always get it right either, and some posters tick me off and then I don't care if I insult them. But...I understand the difference and the power of words. In general, people should be more cognizant of their word choices. IMHO

Go for it!

This is ours for our upcoming cruise, oh an we're concierge level. It's an easy way to identify your cabin door when they all look alike, or you've had a bit too much to drink and can't remember your room #.

ADORABLE! [emoji572] [emoji568] [emoji322] [emoji484]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

This is a picture collage I put together, had laminated at Office Max and put on our door when we celebrated our anniversary...I used the sticky picture mounting putty to put on the door, no damage or residue...made me happy every time I looked at it, and lots of nice comments.

c732966bf1a7ad1d6ef980ddb3446e3d.jpg

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

Awesome! Nice picture

I wanted to decorate the door.....tastefully of course....for my husband's 40th birthday while we are sailing. [emoji322] [emoji324]

Has anyone done this?

Please NO OPINIONS of what u think about decorated doors.......please just answer my question kindly.

I would think the best answer would come from calling Celebrity guest services.

Please NO OPINIONS of what you think about Celebrity guest services.

I love seeing decorated doors. It really adds to the fun. I've seen some really creative ones. Plus it makes it easier to find our own door.

Cruising is supposed to be joyful!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would think the best answer would come from calling Celebrity guest services.

I think it unlikely you will get a definitive correct answer from guest services. I do think you've come to the right place to inquire, and fortunately you not only can decorate....but you are welcome to do so. If more passengers did, the halls would be so much more interesting :)

Some companies actually market decorations specifically for this purpose.

I think it unlikely you will get a definitive correct answer from guest services. I do think you've come to the right place to inquire, and fortunately you not only can decorate....but you are welcome to do so. If more passengers did, the halls would be so much more interesting :)

If you want a "yes" or "no" answer, then call the company. The original poster is not entitled to set the rules for the discussion that follows. People are harping on negative opinions expressed after the initial question was answered in the first response, yet turn a blind eye to the overwhelming number of favorable opinions expressed over the past three pages, even though the OP said to not express any opinions about door decorating.

If you want a "yes" or "no" answer, then call the company. The original poster is not entitled to set the rules for the discussion that follows. People are harping on negative opinions expressed after the initial question was answered in the first response, yet turn a blind eye to the overwhelming number of favorable opinions expressed over the past three pages, even though the OP said to not express any opinions about door decorating.

You are not putting everything into context. The opinions didn't begin until after someone posted a personally insulting comment. Why are you so adamant that a poster cannot ask negative judgment comments be left unstated? Does that offend you in some way?

You are not putting everything into context. The opinions didn't begin until after someone posted a personally insulting comment. Why are you so adamant that a poster cannot ask negative judgment comments be left unstated? Does that offend you in some way?

Only in that I've noticed it as a "requirement" being posted more and more. I expressed this earlier in the thread. It's strange (naive) to think anyone can dictate how anyone else is going to respond to the question asked. My guess is that the negative opinion was put forth because of the demand. Rightly or wrongly, you're inviting temptation when you dictate to others how they have to participate, particularly when you don't have the power to enforce that dictation. And I didn't say that people cannot then counter negative opinions that are given.

Some people seem to think that this is a question and answer board, which it decidedly is not. The subsequent discussions are oftentimes more illuminating than the same 10 or 15 questions that get recycled week in and week out. Taking out the specifics of this one thread, I have learned many nuances in the post-answer discussion for a variety of topics.

You say "no opinions" but then add "tastefully of course". That asks for an opinion. Decorating the outside of your door is tasteless. Decorate the inside of the door instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually it is your opinion that was tasteless.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I do it every year! I actually use Vista Print and design my own on their website. Use the Command strips and the vinyl comes right off when you leave. People are weird about this. Honestly, I don't get why they care. But, 99% of the comments we hear are positive! Have fun with it! 4eb9059cc3e7377264661cc52e7fb296.jpg

People have been asking questions, but asking posters to provide the answers without passing judgement.

I think it unlikely you will get a definitive correct answer from guest services.

Ah, I get it. If someone asks for no opinions about door decorations, we are not supposed to give opinions. However if someone asks for no opinions about guest services, it is okay to give opinions. I see what is going on! the old double standard!

Just call Guest Services if you want an answer about door decorations, for better or worse!

Ah, I get it. If someone asks for no opinions about door decorations, we are not supposed to give opinions. However if someone asks for no opinions about guest services, it is okay to give opinions. I see what is going on! the old double standard!

Just call Guest Services if you want an answer about door decorations, for better or worse!

I love the way these treads transform. Keeps my humor up for the day.

Has anyone ever seen one of those fish extenders they hang on doors full of junk. On a cruise about a year ago our neighbor had one on their door. One morning when we left for breakfast she was having an argument with the room steward and security. Someone stole all the gifts in it and replaced them with stuff found around the ship like silver wear, drink napkins, brochures, etc. they were so pissed but there was nothing the cruise line could do. Just don't hang something of any value. Someone may steal it. I can see someone stealing that lobster and defacing that collage.

This is a Disney Cruise thing. They're called fish extenders because there are metal fish hanging next to each door where the cruise line can put mail. People hang extenders down with pockets and then join a group of other cruisers that secretly places goodies in your extender. We've done several of these exchanges over the years, but only never on X, only on DCL. And, yes, anything left outside your room is fair game for removal or damage from not-so-friendly passengers. Usually those who over imbibe or teenagers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk