Are you able to decorate the outside of your cabin door?

Pier290

Hi Susan, I'm interested in where you got your magnet.

How're you two doing with all the white stuff you're getting? We're back on Eclipse end of November, join us! Melody & Les

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hey there, Melody!

I got it on vistaprint.com It's about 9x12 inches, easy to design on their site, inexpensive, I think it cost about $12-15. It shows up under the "car magnet" category but works great for our purposes.

We're doing great, I've retired and Mike is almost there, so my crystal ball sees more cruising in our future. We are booked twice a year until 2019, 5 Celebrity's and one NCL. I had a Holland American Alaska cruise booked, but I cancelled and changed to a X Bermuda.

Please say hi to Les from Mike and I!! Also, the white stuff hasn't been bad this year, we had about 4 inches in January and just had another 4" which is nothing in this neck of the woods. Both disappeared in a day or two because it's not too too cold.

We have done it in some fashion for a number of years. Last cruise one of our friends we were sailing with made these for the 3 cabins in our group.

And we always use the Cruise Critic door sign.:D

I always put something sort of decoration on our stateroom door....for Christmas, New year's, Valentine's Day, etc. if there is no holiday, I make up something!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have the best decorated door story. Two cruises ago, we met a couple in the concierge lounge and just clicked. We had the greatest evening. At the end of the night, we asked where their cabin was. They said they were on 9, next door to the "luvvvvvvvvvvers." It seemed to be an inside joke among the people gathered and we thought they must mean a particularly loud honeymooning couple. No, it was a couple nobody had met who had the Cupid decorations on their door.

Yikes! That was US! Our travel agent did it as a joke. We confessed, and after a lot of red faces, everyone had a good laugh. That night we switched the Cupid and put it on their door!

The couple has become good friends. Last year we cruised together and this year we are visiting them in Melbourne, Australia for a week!

Has anyone ever seen one of those fish extenders they hang on doors full of junk. On a cruise about a year ago our neighbor had one on their door. One morning when we left for breakfast she was having an argument with the room steward and security. Someone stole all the gifts in it and replaced them with stuff found around the ship like silver wear, drink napkins, brochures, etc. they were so pissed but there was nothing the cruise line could do. Just don't hang something of any value. Someone may steal it. I can see someone stealing that lobster and defacing that collage.

Hey there' date=' Melody!

I got it on vistaprint.com It's about 9x12 inches, easy to design on their site, inexpensive, I think it cost about $12-15. It shows up under the "car magnet" category but works great for our purposes.

We're doing great, I've retired and Mike is almost there, so my crystal ball sees more cruising in our future. We are booked twice a year until 2019, 5 Celebrity's and one NCL. I had a Holland American Alaska cruise booked, but I cancelled and changed to a X Bermuda.

Please say hi to Les from Mike and I!! Also, the white stuff hasn't been bad this year, we had about 4 inches in January and just had another 4" which is nothing in this neck of the woods. Both disappeared in a day or two because it's not too too cold.[/quote']

Congrats on the retirement, it's definitely the good life. Hi to Mike from Les!

Walmart has many magnet options in the craft dept. I laminated the cc sign with our names on it and put mag strips (stick strip on back of mag) on the back and pack it for all our cruises for our door. The wallies are great too-they won't damage the door and peel off. Looks like the lobster may have been one. Have fun with it and have a great cruise and b-d celebration.

Just an observation, no flames. I find that folks with inside or ocean view staterooms tend to door decorate more than people in Concierge, Aqua, and Suite class.

Really! 30 years of cruises, 1 inside, 1 OV, dozens of balcony's.

Opps, theory busted!😆

I wanted to decorate the door.....tastefully of course....for my husband's 40th birthday while we are sailing. [emoji322] [emoji324]

Has anyone done this?

Please NO OPINIONS of what u think about decorated doors.......please just answer my question kindly.

Many thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Asking for no opinions on CC is like asking for the Sun not to rise.

I had to preface by saying that because I'm tired of all the unnecessary rude comments I've received when I ask simple questions. I'm new to CC and cannot believe the sarcasm, negativity and rudeness from people. I'm just looking for help and answers specific to Celebrity and sometimes people go out of their way to make rude, immature, mean comments. Shocking actually. Ugh...guess with a board this large I'm going to find that. Oh well...I'm not going to discredit the awesome people who respond in a helpful friendly manner! I've learned a TON on CC. !

It seems to be a new phenomenon that I've seen on several threads this week. "I'm going to ask about something but you are only allowed to post the answer I want to hear." Pretty outlandish request on any discussion board.

I had to preface by saying that because I'm tired of all the unnecessary rude comments I've received when I ask simple questions. I'm new to CC and cannot believe the sarcasm, negativity and rudeness from people. I'm just looking for help and answers specific to Celebrity and sometimes people go out of their way to make rude, immature, mean comments. Shocking actually. Ugh...guess with a board this large I'm going to find that. Oh well...I'm not going to discredit the awesome people who respond in a helpful friendly manner! I've learned a TON on CC. !

This happens on all social media sites.

I think decorating doors may have been more prevalent in the past. I have a friend who used to cruise a lot and she used to take a small note pad and some paper clips so she could add birthday, wedding, anniversary wishes and congrats to decorated doors. She didn't go looking for them put if she passed one on her way to some other part of the ship she would leave a note. I know the OP said no opinions but here is mine anyway... while you are on a cruise your stateroom is your home and millions of people decorate their homes for holidays and special occasions so go for it[emoji512]

Really! 30 years of cruises, 1 inside, 1 OV, dozens of balcony's.

Opps, theory busted!😆

Yep, one person makes it a trend! Thanks for the flame. My observation from 12 cruises on Celebrity in the last four years is that it is not a common practice in Concierge, Aqua, and Suite class.

It seems to be a new phenomenon that I've seen on several threads this week. "I'm going to ask about something but you are only allowed to post the answer I want to hear." Pretty outlandish request on any discussion board.

There's a difference between asking for straightforward and unbiased information, such as if something is permitted, and asking for one's opinion on the matter.

The phenomenon seems to be the complete lack of respect on these boards by self-absorbed individuals focused on injecting their own unsolicited advice, rather than constructively contributing to the conversation.

But I digress and apologize for sidetracking this thread.

I wanted to decorate the door for my husband's 40th birthday while we are sailing. [emoji322] [emoji324]

Has anyone done this?

YES! And so can you! (but only if you are ready to tolerate the rude, condescending remarks from some of the shamefully arrogant and holier-than-thou types on these boards) ;) :eek: :rolleyes:

If you are traveling on Princess, inside your My Princess account there is a spot where you can note any special occasions. I added "Retirement and got a large sign on my door and balloons.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My late sister spent her 30th birthday aboard Mercury over fifteen years ago. I helped my two young kids decorate their aunt's cabin door with a Happy Birthday banner that had her name on it.

It was my sister's first cruise and even though it was a little thing, I know the door decoration by her only niece and nephew was something that she always fondly remembered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, one person makes it a trend! Thanks for the flame. My observation from 12 cruises on Celebrity in the last four years is that it is not a common practice in Concierge, Aqua, and Suite class.

We must have been on different cruises...very common in all staterooms...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

You say "no opinions" but then add "tastefully of course". That asks for an opinion. Decorating the outside of your door is tasteless. Decorate the inside of the door instead.

As you can see there are some very arrogant opinionated people on board. Ignore them. No you don't see them often,but I have seen them on occasion. I always stop to see what they are celebrating. Also makes it easy to find your door on those long halls!!!

Time to shut down this thread.

The answer is YES you can put a decoration in your door.

There are no prohibitions to it on RCL that I am aware of and unless they come out to say "no more" than have fun, decorate your cabin in or out and worry not about what others may think, or say.