Are you able to decorate the outside of your cabin door?

Pier290

I decorate for holidays, birthdays and anniversaries. The best part is that the room steward takes them at the end and uses them. Especially for Christmas. I love looking at all the decor.

Early last December, we had a little magnetic Christmas tree with puzzle like pieces on our outer door. And some holiday decor in the cabin. During the cruise I asked our room steward if she would like us to leave them. And she enthusiastically said yes! And that would make her very happy. So our door decor made us both happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ah, I get it. If someone asks for no opinions about door decorations, we are not supposed to give opinions. However if someone asks for no opinions about guest services, it is okay to give opinions. I see what is going on! the old double standard!

Just call Guest Services if you want an answer about door decorations, for better or worse!

Are you really going to take a stand on semantics instead of the intent behind the OPs request? That is not only disingenuous it reinforces the OPs post, which is really intended as a "mean spirited people stay away from the thread".

Are you really going to take a stand on semantics instead of the intent behind the OPs request? That is not only disingenuous it reinforces the OPs post, which is really intended as a "mean spirited people stay away from the thread".

Just call Guest Services 1-800-647-2251 if you want an answer about door decorations, for better or worse!

And, yes, anything left outside your room is fair game for removal or damage from not-so-friendly passengers. Usually those who over imbibe or teenagers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True, but it's cool. There are cameras every 20 feet on board. Everything we do is being filmed. It's easy to find the vandals and thieves if someone wanted to pursue it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I bought some holiday decorations but DH thought they would be tacky. First am, a woman forgot her keycard and thought our room was hers. Steward opened room and found us dressing! Apologies around. Decorations went up immediately. I got them at dollar store (which had lots of handy things that I left behind) and Michaels. Recommend either magnets that don't scratch or the 3m stick on but can pull off hooks. You have space around the view hole on the door and your room number on the side wall. And you can hang something from the doorknob. Particularly good place is room number if you can see it going down the hall. You can spot it from far away!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hey there' date=' Melody!

I got it on vistaprint.com It's about 9x12 inches, easy to design on their site, inexpensive, I think it cost about $12-15. It shows up under the "car magnet" category but works great for our purposes.

We're doing great, I've retired and Mike is almost there, so my crystal ball sees more cruising in our future. We are booked twice a year until 2019, 5 Celebrity's and one NCL. I had a Holland American Alaska cruise booked, but I cancelled and changed to a X Bermuda.

Please say hi to Les from Mike and I!! Also, the white stuff hasn't been bad this year, we had about 4 inches in January and just had another 4" which is nothing in this neck of the woods. Both disappeared in a day or two because it's not too too cold.[/quote']

Thanks so much Susan, I read your post on Tuesday, went on line at vista print, ordered one and it arrived today. So excited to use it on my cruise next month 😀👍🏽🛳

Thanks so much Susan, I read your post on Tuesday, went on line at vista print, ordered one and it arrived today. So excited to use it on my cruise next month [emoji3][emoji1417][emoji924]

Me, too! (Well, I just ordered one, haven't received it yet). What a great idea!

Sent from my iPad using Forums