Shoreexcursioneers vs Island Marketing for Cavetubing & Ziplining Tour

CMJFamily

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't done the ziplining, so I can't elaborate on that...I have booked through both shoreexcursioneer and island marketing, however. I can tell you that shoreexcursioneer is the preferred company. They are quick to get back to you, easy to get a hold of. Quite the opposite with Island marketing. We did SE on Cozumel last time, and when they sent the confirmation I noticed they had us booked for afternoon, while we had requested a morning excursion. No problem- they adjusted the time and sent a new confirmation. Iwas also able to actually speak to someone on the phone. Quick and accommodating. IM we used for Roatan and it was one problem after another. Unfortunately my mother didn't print her confirmation e-mail and we couldn't figure out where to meet our tour. Nothing on the website to give you a clue. Sure, we could have accessed it through her e-mail...if she could have remembered the password! anyhow, we ended up getting that straight via facebook message to my hubby, who was able to pull up the forwarded mail in my e-mail (for some reason Carnival's computers would not go to the hotmail website!). we had sent IM a facebook message requesting instructions to be sent through FB, they replied that instructions were in the confirmation email, which we had stated we weren't able to access. We looked everywhere for a phone number (their website and facebook page), NOWHERE to be found. okay, so we made it to the meeting place, an hour early, because they didn't inform us that they were on island time, not ship time. No biggie, at least we weren't late. unfortunately more problems occurred once we got to Fantasy Island. Our excursion was to include snorkeling (with equipment rental) and kayaking. Well, the dive shop attendant said no, have to pay for snorkel rental. went to the front desk, they said nothing was included! showed them the IM website with the excursion page where it clearly stated snorkel equipment and kayaks included. I won't go into the whole ordeal, but in the end we had to walk away from the front desk and pay the snorkel rental fee, as we were tired of arguing and my mother was furious after an hour's worth of back and forth with them. We had to put down $20 deposit on each kayak (not a big deal, just would have been helpful to know what was required), and $5 rental fee for the snorkel gear. When the tour guide came to pick us up we were refunded our money, and the lady read the front desk girls the riot act, saying that they know that stuff is included; but the fella at the dive shop told me (when no one was around) that that sort of thing happens ALL the time. In the end, after sending a complaint e-mail to IM they offered us ONE free excursion not to exceed $45. Although we are going on a cruise again in April, we all agreed we were not taking any chances with Island Marketing! so, that's my experience... SE offers lots of guarantees, I don't know that IM offers any. If so, they're not great at making good on them. Hope you have an awesome time!!