anthem - on board soda package and internet prices

Ariel35

Hi,

Would anyone happen to know what the onboard prices are for the soda package, refreshment package, and internet packages for one device?

Trying to see whether to wait till onboard to purchase or purchase before we go.

Thanks so much.

Soda package is $8.50 per person, plus 18%.

Other onboard beverage packages vary in price and you need to check your Cruise Planner for pricing.

Internet is $13 for surf and $18 for surf & stream.

RCCL just closed a sale on Drink Packages (30% off), Dining Packages (20% off), Spa and Internet discounts also. The sale ended on 2/6/17; their website had problems and kept freezing while my group of 30 tried to book the promotion. RCCL was aware of the website issue when I called but basically told me that they could do NOTHING for my group. NOT FAIR! we probably won't sale with them again, Princess Cruises was much easier to work with and RCCL definitely needs to work on their customer service policy. I'm trying to reach out to someone in their Corporate office and have contacted the owner of my travel agency but so far RCCL isn't working with them either. It's too bad my group really liked RCCL and we switched from the other cruiseline to them, oh well, we'll see what happens. I'm not sure whether this promo will be offered again before sailing, I'll keep everyone updated.:(

RCCL just closed a sale on Drink Packages (30% off), Dining Packages (20% off), Spa and Internet discounts also. The sale ended on 2/6/17; their website had problems and kept freezing while my group of 30 tried to book the promotion. RCCL was aware of the website issue when I called but basically told me that they could do NOTHING for my group. NOT FAIR! we probably won't sale with them again, Princess Cruises was much easier to work with and RCCL definitely needs to work on their customer service policy. I'm trying to reach out to someone in their Corporate office and have contacted the owner of my travel agency but so far RCCL isn't working with them either. It's too bad my group really liked RCCL and we switched from the other cruiseline to them, oh well, we'll see what happens. I'm not sure whether this promo will be offered again before sailing, I'll keep everyone updated.:(

SO SAD!:p

Hmm... dump Royal for Princess because you can't get the drink package for a few dollars less.

I just checked the two cruise lines' websites and looked at pricing for 10 night cruises for February, 2018. Princess is a bit over $1000 more.

Not the choice I'd make but hey, it's your vacation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the internet packages are on sale, then Surf & Stream is usually less expensive pre-cruise than Surf is onboard.

Thanks for answering.

Can you stream vdos with just the surf option? When we cruised last time on Royal we didnt have time to even go on the internet despite signing up for the internet package, but when we did use it to check reservations and emails, it seemed fast enough, better than internet on other cruises

Thanks for answering.

Can you stream vdos with just the surf option? When we cruised last time on Royal we didnt have time to even go on the internet despite signing up for the internet package, but when we did use it to check reservations and emails, it seemed fast enough, better than internet on other cruises

Depending on the ship, you may not even be able to stream video with the stream package. I expect that video streaming with the surf package will be unreliable.

how regular are the sales on the drink and internet packs. think we will see one before december?

I think you will see one, especially before December. I recall seeing at least two or three occasions last year where there were pre-cruise discounts on drink packages and internet packages. I missed the one in the spring last year and then caught it last Fall. So I would wait since there is no reason to pre-book unless you catch it on sale.

Is there a way to receive notices of when a sale is open? I tried to book a drink package for a July '17 cruise during the Feb. 6 sale and ran into website hell and missed it.

Not reliably. I get emails all the time from RC, but many times I learn of a sale or promo here without any notice from RC. This is the best place to check.

i just booked saturday. my understanding is the drink packs are 46/26/8.50

today in my planner those same prices are listed however it says 20% off onboard prices for the 46 dollar pack and says Price shown reflects 20% Discount

but um..thats the same price they had on yesterday.