Infinity or Summit?

blondie72

Hi everyone! We are planning on going to Alaska this next yr and want to try celebrity. We have been on 5 previous cruises, all with Royal Caribbean. I have heard Celebrity is really nice but don't know which ship to choose. Which ship is nicer, Infinity or Summit? Thanks!

They are sister ships almost identical. Small difference in decor. You can't go wrong with either. In this years Conde Nast Traveler's reader poll, Infinty was rated as the number one cruise ship based on Itineraries throughout the year, Service, Design, Food, and Activities. #2 was her sister the Constellation, #3 was the Island Princess, #4 was Celebrity's Mercury and rounding out the top 5 is Summit. Just a quick fyi, Galaxy was #6 and Celebrity had 7 in the top 11. Not a bad accomplishment (5 of the top 6) with all the new ships coming out every year. Celebrity's newest ship was built in 2001. They must be doing something right.

Numbers 1,4,&5 are all doing Alaska too. You really can't go wrong with either. The Summit is our favorite, but we have yet to sail on Infinity.

Hi everyone! We are planning on going to Alaska this next yr and want to try celebrity. We have been on 5 previous cruises, all with Royal Caribbean. I have heard Celebrity is really nice but don't know which ship to choose. Which ship is nicer, Infinity or Summit? Thanks!
All other things (e.g., itinerary) being equal, I'd go with the Infinity. They were a little more accomodating and a bit friendlier. That said, I don't think you'll go wrong with either one.

All other things (e.g., itinerary) being equal, I'd go with the Infinity. They were a little more accomodating and a bit friendlier. That said, I don't think you'll go wrong with either one.

Crew change and move around. Who you had on the Infinity could be on the Summit, Infinity or any ship. Don't base it purely on crew, because staffing can change the feel from one cruise to the next.

Now I'm not trying to worry you, Celebrity's staff is always incredibly friendly and accomodating

we've sailed to AK on Infinity from Vancouver and Mercury from Seattle. Ship-wise, we prefer Mercury. Smaller but nicer IMO. Our food and service experiences on Mercury were also better. Not that Infinity was BAD, heaven knows, just not quite as good as Mercury -- TR

Archived