cb570c749f5c02e77435da7aa56f09a9.jpg

92d857997e4b3790dc954af9ba1ce9ae.jpg

Dinner Menu

65d2db01b33f320bd8dc525524c2474b.jpg

Escargot

51cf9622d5af035717b4c4968e3bb50b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Day 8 - 3rd Sea Day continued

Now for the last food picture of the cruise ...

Strawberry Soufflé

97a549bcc7224a8f892af3645fc0789b.jpg

Hopefully, I have whetted your appetite for you next cruise. I love trying different foods from what I prepare at home. Several evenings, I had multiple starters. A couple evenings, I only had starters (4 or 5) and dessert. The food photos represent choices made by everyone at our table for 7.

Disembarkation Tips

If you have a long wait for your flight home, you might want to consider a post cruise tour or the valet luggage service so you don't have to deal with your luggage for hours while waiting for your flight. We found out that the earliest luggage could be checked was 3 hours before flights. We had 3 groups flying out of 3 different terminals. Terminal 1 (Southwest Airlines) was packed and had no food service outside security. Terminal 2 (Delta) had some snack foods and drinks outside security so we camped out there for 3 hours until we could check our bags and head our separate ways to get a real meal past security.

In case you haven't seen it, you should also check out another review. While our cruise experiences are different in terms of dining venues and activities, we both had great trips. With so much to do and see, make the cruise your cruise by picking from the "buffet" of options. Try new things and do what you love.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2456487&highlight=freedom

Thanks for a wonderful review. We are on the Freedom TA in Oct and I'm beginning to arrange different activities with other CC members on our Roll Call. I've negotiated greatly reduced rates for the Chef's Table and Chop's Wine Dinner in the past and have many interested CC people for these activities on our cruise. It was great to see the other option of the Vintages Wine Dinner so I will explore that as well. Do you know if this dinner you did is in addition to the one in Chops or in place of it? Can you tell me how crowded it was? Thanks for your input.

Joan

Thanks so much for the review and tips. We sail April 1st with our children 4 1/2, and 8 months old. My mom and also cousins with their daughter 6 will be joining us. Your info on the nursery and water area fir the kids were great. I also enjoyed all the menu/food pics.

If you don't mind me asking where did you find out about the walking tour in St Kitts? Did you book ahead of time? And approximate price? Thank you again.

Thanks for a wonderful review. We are on the Freedom TA in Oct and I'm beginning to arrange different activities with other CC members on our Roll Call. I've negotiated greatly reduced rates for the Chef's Table and Chop's Wine Dinner in the past and have many interested CC people for these activities on our cruise. It was great to see the other option of the Vintages Wine Dinner so I will explore that as well. Do you know if this dinner you did is in addition to the one in Chops or in place of it? Can you tell me how crowded it was? Thanks for your input.

Joan

We don't recall a wine dinner at Chops but Chef's Table was available somewhere (check the other cruise review link I shared for more info). Vintages is a cozy wine bar on the Royal Promenade. Seating is limited to 40 - 50 people in the bar. I'm not sure what the limit would be for the dinner. I don't have any pictures to share of Vintages but I'm sure you could find some online.

Thanks so much for the review and tips. We sail April 1st with our children 4 1/2, and 8 months old. My mom and also cousins with their daughter 6 will be joining us. Your info on the nursery and water area fir the kids were great. I also enjoyed all the menu/food pics.

If you don't mind me asking where did you find out about the walking tour in St Kitts? Did you book ahead of time? And approximate price? Thank you again.

We found the walking food tour online and booked it a couple weeks ahead of time. There are reviews on Trip Advisor plus the review I've done here and on the St. Kitts board. We paid $75 per person in advance.

May I ask was there a kettle in your JS, I know they have coffee machines but really like a cup of tea first thing in the mornings, thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There was a little side table in the sitting area with an electric coffee maker and a kettle. Both would have to be moved to the vanity area to plug them into the electric outlets. Coffee packets, creamer and sweetener were in the cabin. I'm not sure about tea, but there were tea bags and hot chocolate packs in the Windjammer.

The Junior Suite walk-in closet is larger than our closet at home and would serve well for long trips if you don't pack light. With flights, we limited our wardrobe quite a bit. We had ample room for clothing and luggage. On other cruises, we put our luggage under the bed but didn't have to with the Junior Suite.

fdc24568fdca277cb50da4784fb3678d.jpg

485174d1ede0151ec7e5f3759a6660ce.jpg

bf56a23a3bbdd1ba6190f37a13f38bcb.jpg

I am on the next 8 nighter :) Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

I think you had a substitute CD because all of the regular CD's were in Vegas at a conference :p

We will miss hearing from you.

Well, Robyn is out at sea tonight. I hope she and Freedom have a great week. Looks like Freedom will be passing Oasis, on its way back to Port Canaveral, within the hour.

Well, Robyn is out at sea tonight. I hope she and Freedom have a great week. Looks like Freedom will be passing Oasis, on its way back to Port Canaveral, within the hour.

I hope she checks in and sees we are thinking of her and wishing her a Bon Voyage.:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I can't wait to read more. Cruised Freedom in 2006 when she was brand new. Just booked her n this exact itinerary for next March for my grandmother's 90th birthday. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We're going next March as well. 3rd time on her. Went in 06, and this past March. Love her. Perfect size. Lots for the kids to do. Looking forward to doing the Eastern itinerary this time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app