Norwegian Escape - dress code

raquel

I understand there are no "formal nights" for dining on the Escape; however, can anyone tell me if there is any kind of dress code in any of the restaurants on board...or if any specific restaurants are more upscale and people get more dressed up? And any have "no shorts" policy?

Thanks for any info!

I understand there are no "formal nights" for dining on the Escape; however, can anyone tell me if there is any kind of dress code in any of the restaurants on board...or if any specific restaurants are more upscale and people get more dressed up? And any have "no shorts" policy?

Thanks for any info!

Gentlemen with long pants, collared shirts and shoes in ocean blue and Le bistro. Shorts ok everywhere else. Most people will dress up a little if they are dining a specialty restaurant, but it is not "requires"

Bayamo has a no shorts policy and they enforce it.

Tepanyajo - no enforced dress code

Cagneys for sure will let you in with shorts / sandals.

Margaritaville, no enforced dress code.

No enforcement of a dress code at any of the "free" restaurants.

Can't speak for the other specialties - more people were dressed formally in Cagneys than other restaurants we visited. No night is more formal than others from what we have ever seen.

Years ago....when ever anyone ask this question on the NCL boards you would not believe the can of worms ( heated arguments ) it opened up. Those that are die hard formal dress up people versus those of us who hate it........yikes! They got in lots of verbal wars over it. LOL My view is NCL is "freestyle" so if you are not comfortable with that then you need to go with a more formal cruise line. However, I am not against formal or at least business casual if the restaurant I want to go to requires it...I can adjust, just don't want to cruise on a ship that requires it for all evening meals like the one we did for our honeymoon in 1988.....dress up all nights and formal one of those nights..ugh!

We are just off of the Escape last week. The second night is when more people get dressed up. (night when you can have pictures with captain) Found that a lot of men wore shorts at night on this cruise, even in some of the specialty restaurants. A fella ate in shorts at Le Bistro but sat in the atrium part of the restaurant when we were there.