P&o's freephone isn't really if you booked through travel agent!

Cahpek

I read from someone (probably) linked to P&O and she announced on this board that P&O has a freefone contact number.

She said:

"P&O have a freephone number that can be used for questions or information concerning any aspect of shipboard operations.

To contact P&O Cruises, please call 0800 0523840"

However, when I tried that number to ask some questions, a pre recorded message indicated that if we booked our cruise through our travel agents, we have to go back to our travel agents.

What is the point of giving that number when they would not attend to you if you booked through a travel agent (which many , if not the majority of us, did).

So. unlike some other cruise companies, does that mean we could not speak to a P&O personnel even when we are going to cruise with them? I think P&O ought to rethink that and allow ALL customers to speak to a P&O personnel via their Freephone number, rather than just limiting them to those who booked directly through P&O.

I read from someone (probably) linked to P&O and she announced on this board that P&O has a freefone contact number.

She said:

"P&O have a freephone number that can be used for questions or information concerning any aspect of shipboard operations.

However, when I tried that number to ask some questions, a pre recorded message indicated that if we booked our cruise through our travel agents, we have to go back to our travel agents.

What is the point of giving that number when they would not attend to you if you booked through a travel agent (which many , if not the majority of us, did).

So. unlike some other cruise companies, does that mean we could not speak to a P&O personnel even when we are going to cruise with them? I think P&O ought to rethink that and allow ALL customers to speak to a P&O personnel via their Freephone number, rather than just limiting them to those who booked directly through P&O.

P&O would probably use the excuse that they are paying the TA a commission to handle your booking. You could try emailing them if you don't want to go back to the TA.

We had a similar situation with Cunard and that was the excuse that they gave to our TA when she asked about it. We now always book direct so that we can speak to P&O if we want to.

When I rang I just ignored the pre recorded message and pushed whatever button it was to talk to someone. Got though and gave my booking number and he answered my questions without saying 'go back to your TA'

So ring again and see how you get on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

She said:

The problem would be the same whether you called the free phone or the chargeable number but at least you didn't have to pay to find that out! Sometimes we use an agent and sometimes we don't, the advantage of an agent is that they usually answer their calls in under 30 mins!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums