Just back from Divina

vladmax

We sailed from Miami Feb. 4th.

This is my first time with MSC. Previously we done Princess, Carnival and RCC.

I will place MSC above Carnival, but below RCC and Princess.

There are the bullet points:

Good.

-Embarkation was quick and painless. We came around noon and were on the ship 15 minutes later. The staterooms were ready for us.

-Lunch is probably the best of any ships we had been. A lot of selections.

-Stateroom is great. The bed is comfy.

-We booked 2 staterooms (one oceanview and one inside). Both un-assigned (guarantee) Bella Experience. We got 2 balcony staterooms Fantastica Level :D.

-Evening entertainment and night life was great.

Bad:

-On the arrival date you have to be out of your room before 7am. We only had the carry-on luggage, but still have to be out of room soooo early.

-One of the stateroom was for my daughter. She stayed there by herself. We had to pay as it is for 2 people obviously (there is no single traveller discounts). The problem was with the booking. They had to create the second (fake) person profile as the second occupant, including the fake passport, etc. This is completely weird. I hope the company with multi-billion dollars budget, can create a better software. Now after the cruise, we have to apply to get the taxes back for "no-show" of this fake person. Too much headache :(.

-Breakfast in the Black Crab was cold and the service super slow.

-The food at the dinner was good, but never great. The service was extremely slow. We really hated assigned time sitting. 6pm is too early, 8:30 pm is too late. Also you are stuck with the bad table or the waiter. I wish they can change to Anytime sitting.

-On the website our stateroom were Fantastica (free upgrades from Bella), but when we got our cards, we were Bella again. Not sure what to make of it. Not a big deal, but still confusing.

-We requested First sitting at the time of the booking. All our docs says "First Sitting". When we got our cards, it says "Second Sitting". I asked what is going on, their reply: "It is just your request, but we make final decision when you check -in". And we couldn't switch it (although, it was better that way).

-There is not enough sunbeds in the good spots. There is no cozy areas like "Atrium" on RCC. Seems like this ship is not designed for the Caribbean sea days. Maybe if you hit the port every day, it would be no issue, but 3 days at sea without good sun place is too much. I think the new ships like Seaside with 360 degrees will solve this problem.

Overall, for the low price we paid and the free balcony upgrade, it is a good value. But if I paid the full price, I would be deeply disappointed.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Anyone visited Corleone or Monreale from Palermo? Also, on MSC ships, will we get the opportunity to give preference for kind of dining table, like number of people and first or second seating? Any comments on wine list on MSC?

Richard(cruiserre):confused:

I booked the Divina last week for a solo cabin this summer...they charged me the double cruise fare but only ONE tax. Did the same thing when I booked solo last summer. Maybe it depends on who books it for you. The MSC agent I use has apparently been there quite awhile.

Thanks for sharing your review . I have a few questions . Did you use the children's club areas at all and if so , your experience there ? Are the bed pillows uncomfortable ? And did you use the room service options ? TIA

Sorry, we didn't have children with us. Pillows were ok, not the worse. I'm very picky when it comes to pillows and this ones I could :).

We didn't use the room service.

I have a question, please.Is there steam room and/or sauna for free?

No. If you have purchased a massage (pre-paid or once on ship), you can use the spa/sauna/steam room at no extra charge for the entire cruise length. But it's not free.

It is if you book a Yacht Club or Aurea 'Experience' balcony cabin/suite.

Shoot, you are correct. I forgot about that.

IF you can afford YC, I hear it's fantastic.

We found the steam room/sauna very nice, although layout is a bit odd/weird. Some lady walked in the men's shower in the men's sauna to "assist" her husband with the water handle (fortunately I was not one of the men in the sauna who was nekked). I'm sure she got an eyefull. LOL!

The massage was setup a bit odd though. Bali massage does not entitle you to use the showers that are actually in the massage room. They don't give you robes or slippers either, so you basically have to put your clothes back on (over the oils/whatnot on your body), then go to the front desk to get the key for the sauna/steam room to get the showers (or walk back to your cabin). Very odd. Most places I've gotten massages you have showers/etc. first, then massage, then you don your robe/slippers and can shower off the oils if you desire.

Oh, they also use these weird disposable panty things (even for us guys). Almost g-string type in the front.