Review of Carnal Freedom 2/4/17

qwlter63

We just returned home from a 7 night cruise departing Galveston with stops in Cozumel, Belize, and Honduras.

Embarking: We did not pay extra to board early and our boarding time was 10:30 am. The traffic was a breeze coming through the terminal. We dropped luggage at the terminal then parked and took a shuttle back. Getting in and through the check in process was quick and easy then we sat around for more than an hour waiting to board.

We went straight to eat choosing to eat tacos and burritos. They were yummy and the salsa bar was great. There was a pushy waiter carrying glasses of a tropical drink who would set them down then ask for your room number. They were $15 a piece yet I paid $10ish for a similar drink from the bar. We did not purchase a drink package since both people in the cabin have to purchase it making it expensive.

Our cabins were ready and luggage at our doors when we got there.

Cabin: We were in 7363 with friends is 7365 and 7367. 7363 and 7365 is directly across from where cabin staff congregate at all hours; from carts with squeaking wheels starting at 3 am to talking at laughing a midnight. I wondered out once at 11:30 pm and asked them to be quiet and my husband addressed them two other times. 7363 and 7367 had stained toilets which periodically smelled like sewage. When we called the staff came quickly but did nothing more than flush it several times which seemed to help.

Our cabin steward was amazing. He was kind and provided a high quality of service. My hubby and I joked that he knew when we used towels and watched our cabin till we left to freshen it up. We hD ice delivered twice a day.

Whirlpools: The only warm tub was in Serenity. All others were pool temperature and the two by the pizza place had "electrical" issues for more than half the cruise. I found it frustrating Serenity was closed at 10 pm. It didn't require any manpower and they rotated closing the two tubs during the day, so there didn't appear to be any reason not to stay open till

Midnight or so.

Shows: Malcom the cruise director was fun. The comedy acts were very funny. While the comedy club is a large place it filled up quickly.

The piano bar was a blast but the pianist butchered many songs but still fun. The other shows found the performers to be pitchy but adequate.

Food: From breakfast, brunch, tea, lunch and dinner there wasn't a bad meal. Guy's hamburgers were amazing.

Drinks: Were strong but expensive and I don't like that both people in a cabin have to buy a drink package.

Excursions:

Cozumel-Salsa and Salsa. It was very fun with a great view of the ocean. It was all you could drink margaritas. I highly recommend this excursion. It moved quickly enough to keep my interest but not too quickly.

Belize-Snorkeling, swimming with sharks and rays plus a visit to Caye Caulker. This was a wonderful excursion, the staff took good care of us, provided rum punch. The experience was amazing. We were a bit disappointed because our first choice was floating the caves but was canceled due to flooding.

Honduras-We went to Mahogany Bay Beach. It was beautiful with excellent staff. We enjoyed the sun, swimming, and the food. The trip over by sky ride was fun and the photo opportunities with our ship in the back ground was great.

Disembarkation (is that a word?): We met fog in Galveston and they closed the port so we anchored out and waited. We didn't get to port till after 12:30 pm and off the ship till 1:30 pm. They opened restaurants for us, had games and entertainment to keep us busy. It was crazy getting off. We carried our own luggage. The line for customs was long and slow.

This was our first Carnival Cruise with two RC prior. There are good and bad about each. All in all we really enjoyed the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Cruise deck plans dot com there is a specific warning about the large crew area across from your cabins causing noise. Best to avoid booking a cabin across from a big blank space on the deck plan. We are going on the Freedom in April and are on deck 7, but chose a location much further forward.