Back from the Grandeur of the seas sailing from 1-23-17 to 2-4-17. Any questions?

tyler6597

Back from the Grandeur of the seas sailing from 1-23-17 to 2-4-17 and I've recovered from my post cruise depression so I'll be glad to answer any questions.

Hope you enjoyed your cruise, I do have a couple of questions.

Do you know if they are allowing people to bring on there own case of water, would like tie be able to just put a luggage tag on it and drop off with luggage?

Is the show in the main theater done once or twice on the first night?

Thank you in advance for any info.

Do you know if they are allowing people to bring on there own case of water, would like tie be able to just put a luggage tag on it and drop off with luggage?

My experience (8 times out of Baltimore) has been that when you drop off your luggage with the porters, they ask and make sure you are not loading beverages. They remind that they must be carry-on. Additionally, because only RCCL and Carnival use this terminal, the security checkers follow a "merged" Carnival/RCCL set of boarding rules for beverages. Cans and 2 bottles of wine only. I haven't seen any water carried on there since 2011.

There has been only one first-night, welcome-aboard show.

We had no problem in Baltimore putting a case of water in a duffel bag, slapping a luggage on it and giving it to the porters. It arrived at our room without any issues.

Back from the Grandeur of the seas sailing from 1-23-17 to 2-4-17 and I've recovered from my post cruise depression so I'll be glad to answer any questions.

I will be on the Grandeur (9day) sailing Feb 2018. Any information about pre/post cruise hotels and excursions would be welcome. I would like to do the harbor tour and

a planation tour in Charleston. Also,information about other ports and tours either from ship or private that pick up at the port.

Thank you for offering!

Is there any construction going on at or near the port?

What time were you allowed to board?

How was the food?

Hi, A few questions. Did you have just 2 formal nights? What nights? Did you ever have lobster in the main dining room? And how was the food in the dining room? Was the weather cool the first sea day? What production shows did they have in the theater? What kind of entertainers did you see in the theater other than production shows? Was there a lot of trivia? If so,where did they have it? Thanks for answering these questions. I will be going on the March 6th Grandeur sailing. Kendra

I was told to wheel it on by others on CC, did so, left bag in South Pacific lounge, until room was ready. I even asked the porter in Baltimore MD and he said I should wheel it on in luggage bag as they had problems with leaking onto other luggage. Makes sense, so I listened and did so, had our bottled water. On trip home some booze fit in the extra space, win win!

I will be on the Grandeur (9day) sailing Feb 2018. Any information about pre/post cruise hotels and excursions would be welcome. I would like to do the harbor tour and

a planation tour in Charleston. Also,information about other ports and tours either from ship or private that pick up at the port.

Booked the best western plus elkridge,MD through trinity reservations.com Bruce very helpful, $129 parking, room, breakfast shuttle, clean safe recent 2 million renovation. Excellent crab cakes 1 mile down the road at Timbuktu resteraunt. Used pool and sauna, will use again, great spot, dedicated shuttle, quick, nice people.

Hi, A few questions. Did you have just 2 formal nights? What nights? Did you ever have lobster in the main dining room? And how was the food in the dining room? Was the weather cool the first sea day? What production shows did they have in the theater? What kind of entertainers did you see in the theater other than production shows? Was there a lot of trivia? If so,where did they have it? Thanks for answering these questions. I will be going on the March 6th Grandeur sailing. Kendra

Every night trivia in lounge near South Pacific, great 5 different comics, 3 bands all very good, 50 and 70 party in centrum, Zumba, line dancing, lots to do. Good shows.

Great crew and food, lobster tails one of last nights. Good roast beef sandwiches in park cafe with lays potatoe chips.

2016 were on new Anthem great ship food and service stunk, but loved the ship. Grandeur was excellent great food and service, very nice fellow passengers, we will go on the Grandeur again. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did, many loyal repeat cruisers love this ship!

Every night trivia in lounge near South Pacific, great 5 different comics, 3 bands all very good, 50 and 70 party in centrum, Zumba, line dancing, lots to do. Good shows.

Great crew and food, lobster tails one of last nights. Good roast beef sandwiches in park cafe with lays potatoe chips.

2016 were on new Anthem great ship food and service stunk, but loved the ship. Grandeur was excellent great food and service, very nice fellow passengers, we will go on the Grandeur again. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did, many loyal repeat cruisers love this ship!

Thanks for the information! Kendra

OK, regarding carrying on bottled water....I assume no one gives you a hard time about carrying a brand of water the ship doesn't sell?

They are only looking for alcohol, they don't care about the brand of water.