Cannes - Tendered or not from Spirit?

Jetlagged787

I understand from another site that only small ships can dock at Cannes and for all others it is a tendered operation. Sadly, they do not specify what counts as small.

Does anyone know if we will be tendered from Spirit? If so, bearing in mind that we are not in any particular hurry as we are only getting off for a walk around, is there any particular strategy regarding the best time to leave please?

You will be tendered. If you are only walking around Cannes, leave when ever you want.

Thanks. I have not been tendered before. I imagine that it is pretty hectic at first with those getting off to join excursions. Roughly when could we expect it to calm down, i.e. no long queues?

That's very useful advice. Thanks for your time.

Hi, you are on the same sailing as myself, husband and 4yr old daughter 😀

It's going to be our first cruise ever. This is really useful info for us too, thank you.

I've not long realised that we are in Cannes at the same time as the film festival. I'm not sure how that will affect us but if anyone here can shed light please, that will be brilliant? 😀

As you arrive in Cannes at 7.00am, there is no need to get off much before 10.00am. By that time, all the little bars and cafes are then open

I agree with this. We got off the ship as soon as we were able to (early risers and early breakfast eaters here). Nothing was open. We walked the waterfront and up the hill all before much of anything was open. It was very relaxing and enjoyable. But if you're looking for open stores, restaurants, etc., you might as well sleep in and tender over a little later in the morning.

Hi, you are on the same sailing as myself, husband and 4yr old daughter 😀

It's going to be our first cruise ever. This is really useful info for us too, thank you.

I've not long realised that we are in Cannes at the same time as the film festival. I'm not sure how that will affect us but if anyone here can shed light please, that will be brilliant? 😀

I was wondering the same. I'm sure that we'll be OK so long as we keep our feet off the red carpet.

I have a very good friend in Littlehampton. Anywhere near you?

I agree with this. We got off the ship as soon as we were able to (early risers and early breakfast eaters here). Nothing was open. We walked the waterfront and up the hill all before much of anything was open. It was very relaxing and enjoyable. But if you're looking for open stores, restaurants, etc., you might as well sleep in and tender over a little later in the morning.

We're in port for 12 hours so have decided on a leisurely approach to breakfast before slipping ashore for a wander around, coffee and a pastry or two. Mmm mmmm!

I was wondering the same. I'm sure that we'll be OK so long as we keep our feet off the red carpet.

I have a very good friend in Littlehampton. Anywhere near you?

Haha I'm not one for attention so I'll be staying well away from any carpet that even looks like it may be red :eek:;)

I'm in Crawley, near Gatwick airport, so littlehampton isn't too far. 50 min by car 🚗 I think. One of our 1st choice of a trip to the seaside with the little one because there is a lot there for her. :cool:

Haha I'm not one for attention so I'll be staying well away from any carpet that even looks like it may be red :eek:;)

I'm in Crawley, near Gatwick airport, so littlehampton isn't too far. 50 min by car 🚗 I think. One of our 1st choice of a trip to the seaside with the little one because there is a lot there for her. :cool:

I was born in Epsom and know Crawley well. Littlehampton has changed a lot since I was a kid but is still perfect for your little lass. I look forward to meeting up with you o board.

Colin