Havenot dining room and courtyard questions

bklynfinest77

So we have friends that recently book on the epic .. haven was sold out so they couldn't get a haven room ... we are booked in haven and plan to use their dining room, posh and courtyard.. would it be a issue if we bring our friends with us? ... like are they going to check them if they walk in with us??? ..

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

So we have friends that recently book on the epic .. haven was sold out so they couldn't get a haven room ... we are booked in haven and plan to use their dining room, posh and courtyard.. would it be a issue if we bring our friends with us? ... like are they going to check them if they walk in with us??? ..

Like in any other restaurant on board (with the exception of the buffet restaurant), they would have to give their cabin number at the entrance... I believe that you can have them as your guests in the Haven restaurant, but that they have to pay for their dinner -and it is not cheap.... At least this was the case a few years ago....

Like in any other restaurant on board (with the exception of the buffet restaurant), they would have to give their cabin number at the entrance... I believe that you can have them as your guests in the Haven restaurant, but that they have to pay for their dinner -and it is not cheap.... At least this was the case a few years ago....

What about breakfast and the courtyard

This is going to be hard for us as I feel we are not going to be able to take advantage of all the haven advantage stuff .. I know we can get on early cause we are in the haven .. would they allow our friends to come on with us as well? ...

Probably not...

If you plan on using the Haven perks you paid for you will not be able to "share" those perks with your non-haven booked friends. Tell them now you'll see them at the shows or at bars with entertainment. So that they know you won't be seeing each other much on board. You CAN entertain them in your suite but they are not allowed into the public spaces in the Haven.

This is going to be hard for us as I feel we are not going to be able to take advantage of all the haven advantage stuff .. I know we can get on early cause we are in the haven .. would they allow our friends to come on with us as well? ...

No - your friends should not check in with you. They will not have your friends keys and registration information in the Haven registration area. They now board by Latitudes level too so you can board with them but they can't board with you.

I also will tell you we just got off the Epic on Saturday. If your friends do not buy a POSH pass they will not be permitted there either. Nestor - the bar tender in POSH- knows who's supposed to be there and who's not. Watched him tell several couples that without a Haven card or blue bracelet they were not permitted to stay.

Your friends can come to your cabin in the Haven - but they will not be permitted in the Courtyard, Epic Club or POSH as your "guest".

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your friends can come to your cabin in the Haven - but they will not be permitted in the Courtyard, Epic Club or POSH as your "guest".

And without meaning to be rude or disagreeable, they should not have access to any of those things or have any expectation of enjoying any of the Haven amenities/facilities. People pay a LOT to stay in the Haven and they pay for that experience. It is not fair to those who paid to have others just turn up and expect to have the same perks at no cost.

It will be awkward having friends on board sailing in a different category, but it is what it is - paying Haven guests get exclusive access to the Haven perks.

And without meaning to be rude or disagreeable, they should not have access to any of those things or have any expectation of enjoying any of the Haven amenities/facilities. People pay a LOT to stay in the Haven and they pay for that experience. It is not fair to those who paid to have others just turn up and expect to have the same perks at no cost.

It will be awkward having friends on board sailing in a different category, but it is what it is - paying Haven guests get exclusive access to the Haven perks.

Make sense!!... good to know about check in so at least that part is not going to be weird cause we have no choice to go through a different entrance ... they plan to buy posh pass so that not going to be a issue .. can I buy there posh passes and 1 day spa pass for them since we will be on before them??

Make sense!!... good to know about check in so at least that part is not going to be weird cause we have no choice to go through a different entrance ... they plan to buy posh pass so that not going to be a issue .. can I buy there posh passes and 1 day spa pass for them since we will be on before them??

No.

I think you got the point but I want to quote something that was said during the orientation on the Escape - my emphasis in bold.

"Please be aware that only Haven guests are allowed to use the Haven facilities. If you have friends they are welcome to join you in your cabin. Please do not try to bring them in here, we will have to ask them to leave and repeated issues may be cause for disembarkation. We apologize for having to be so strict but it is to ensure that everyone has an exceptional Haven experience. At this time we are also not offering non-Haven passengers the opportunity to dine in the Haven restaurant."

Now scuttlebutt had it there was a big problem with this on a recent cruise prior so I doubt they make the same announcement all the time (and honestly I doubt half the people were listening) but it shows they do take it VERY seriously.

No - your friends should not check in with you. They will not have your friends keys and registration information in the Haven registration area.

The only way that the friends will be able to check-in and board with the Haven guests is if arrangements are made prior. If it is approved prior to their arrival, all 4 will have their check-in in the Haven area and they will board together.

The only way that the friends will be able to check-in and board with the Haven guests is if arrangements are made prior. If it is approved prior to their arrival, all 4 will have their check-in in the Haven area and they will board together.
I know that those prior arrangements are available - but I doubt it would be approved for "friends". Pretty sure that system is in place for immediate family members of the Haven guests - perhaps children - who are not booked in the Haven....not just friends that want to board with Haven guests.

When you first meet your concierge you could ask him if he could hold 2 posh passes for your friends. The worst he could say is no.

Good to know!!! ... they never cruised ncl so they will be the last tier to.board I'm sure, so.it will be nice if we could.do this for them

This could be a reasonable request, most likely they would need to be charged to your cabin for him to do that.

When you first meet your concierge you could ask him if he could hold 2 posh passes for your friends. The worst he could say is no.