Whale watching company ideas Re: Juneau

Moparop

We are a group of 14 looking to do a whale watching excursion while in Juneau for our July 2017 trip on a HAL cruise. We have 4 children in the group, ranging in ages from 7-15. Ideally, we would like to have the whole boat I know Harv and Marv is an option, but I am looking for suggestions of other possible companies to look into.

Thanks!

We booked Icy Strait Whale Adventure out of ISP, if I remember right, it was exactly 14 people on the boat. I know that is at ISP, but when we boarded, our captain (Duane ?? I don't remember) said he just came back from making a run to Juneau for supplies before returning to ISP to pick us up. Maybe they would consider a Juneau departure as a custom trip especially if there is not a ship at ISP that day. Might be a long shot but worth a call.

We did a tour with Harv and Marv in 2012 and really liked it. The boat we were on wouldn't have accommodated 14 very well, but I believe they have a bigger one. I loved the small-group feel of it. The guide and captain were enthusiastic and knowledgeable. We didn't see as much whale activity as I would have liked, but we still saw some. Whales are amazing creatures. The tour also included a quick stop at Mendenhall Glacier on the way back, but they might only do that if they have time.