Getaway mini suite 8118

nlooser

I'm currently on Getaway, on the fourth day of the Western Caribbean itinerary. I'm a very light sleeper and often wake very early. When I do, I usually sit on the balcony and enjoy the sunrise while my family sleeps. Unfortunately, I've noticed a pattern after three days into our cruise. At right around 5:40am each day, there has been a loud suctioning noise from an overhang several decks above followed by a deluge of water that falls right onto the balcony. This lasts for several minutes and then stops, after which the furniture on the balcony is soaked. It usually dries in a couple hours.

I believe it also soaks a couple balconies next to mine as well. I'm assuming they are draining one of the pools or hot tubs at that time. Regardless, if you are thinking of booking this stateroom and are a very early riser, be forewarned of this potential situation. I. have not experienced this at any other time of day so if you don't get up very early it probably won't affect you at all if you book this room.

Note: I'm on vacation and don't let minor stuff like this bother me but forewarned is forearmed and had I known this I would have simply booked a cabin farther down from 8118. So, sharing this info for future cruisers to use if needed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums