Looking for Recommendations of Balcony Cabins on the Summit

njgirl

Thinking of booking the repo cruise on Summit in April 2017 from San Juan to Cape Liberty.

Which balcony / category do you recommend (Veranda / Concierge / Aqua) and also port or starboard side.

If you have a favorite cabin, would appreciate if you can share.

Many thanks in advance !

Look for the extra large balconies:

2C - "sweet 16" the 8 furthest forward on both sides of Deck 6 only (double size balconies)

2B - 6048, 6053, 8146, 8161

2A - 7049, 7080, 7163, 7166, 7171, 7174, 7173/5/7, 7176/8/80 last 6 have biggest balconies

C2 - 8045, 8046

C1 - all of them, the aft balconies are fabulous but usually expensive (we had one Christmas/NY, but I booked very early and price was only £100pp more than I would have paid for C3 upgradable to C2 with Captain's Club) these are 3x normal and have proper table, 4 chairs and 2 loungers. Have also been in 6053 and have 8046 next cruise. All the "on the slant" balconies are 40-50% larger and the last 6 in 2A look to be at least 50% larger maybe more.

Never done Aqua but aft on deck 11 have the biggest balconies with 1140 the biggest.

Travelling north I would opt for port to get the evening sun, or C1 aft for daytime sun (if the price was right)

Aqua cabins aft on deck 11 are my favorites. Some have mentioned noise from above (outdoor theatre) but that has not been a problem for me.

The deck 11 port and starboard cabins have very shallow overhangs and are more subject to sun and weather. I'd pick a deck 9 over deck 11 side cabins if the aft cabins were not available.

The deck 9 Aqua cabins aft of 9108 starboard side are under the Oceanview Cafe and very quiet. The port cabins from the same locations are also under the cafe.

Before Aqua was available we had a few cabins under the pool deck and did hear the early morning chair scraping noises mentioned many times. They are Concierge class cabins.

The biggest perk with Aqua is dining in Blu, the designated restaurant.

I don't really book one side or the other depending on views. You will be far enough from shore during your overnight sailings to make this a non-question. Port stops can put the ship in any direction too.

Hope you get your preferred cabin and have a great cruise.