Bayonne/Anthem parking?

FrannyK

First time cruising from Cape Liberty in Bayonne. We plan on parking at the port. I have read there is a covered garage structure now. We would prefer this since we are sailing in winter. Questions: When we arrive at port where do we drop off our bags? Should I get out and head in to the terminal to check in at that point while my husband then parks? Is the parking close to the check in terminal? I assume we pay for parking at the end of the cruise? How is this done? Cash or credit cards? Machines or real people to check you out of the garage?

If we do self assist debarkation, do we just roll our bags to the car? Or is there another procedure used?

Thanks for your help! This is our first cruise where we don't have to fly :)

First time cruising from Cape Liberty in Bayonne. We plan on parking at the port. I have read there is a covered garage structure now. We would prefer this since we are sailing in winter. Questions: When we arrive at port where do we drop off our bags? Should I get out and head in to the terminal to check in at that point while my husband then parks? Is the parking close to the check in terminal? I assume we pay for parking at the end of the cruise? How is this done? Cash or credit cards? Machines or real people to check you out of the garage?

If we do self assist debarkation, do we just roll our bags to the car? Or is there another procedure used?

Thanks for your help! This is our first cruise where we don't have to fly :)

There is covered parking as well as uncovered parking. $20/day. Parking is very close to the terminal on the same side of the road. You can either drop off bags or go directly to the parking and roll your bags back to the terminal. If your husband drops you and the bags off, you can check the bags and wait inside the departure waiting area lounge for your husband if it's cold. This lounge is before the check in area. You pay for parking by cash or credit card via machine in the parking garage after the cruise to get your exit pass.

If you self disembark you can just roll your luggage to the garage and take the elevator up to your parking level once you have paid the parking for the exit pass,

I paid upon entry and just drove out after the cruise the three times I've sailed out of Bayonne (last being July 2016). Has this changed?

Yes this has changed. The backups to get into the garage were awful when everyone paid on entry. There are now apparently machines to pay by cash or credit card to get an exit receipt.

Yes this has changed. The backups to get into the garage were awful when everyone paid on entry. There are now apparently machines to pay by cash or credit card to get an exit receipt.

Good to know. Thank you.