2017 CC Choice Awards - Not One RCL Ship

I am not a "loyal to royal" guy and have been on a variety of different lines. I was truly surprised that not a single RCL ship took a top spot this year. I've been on Brilliance and Majesty, having a decent time on each and setting proper expectations each time. We are headed on Enchantment in a few weeks and while I don't expect to be wowed, I do expect to enjoy myself, have good food and see clean rooms and common areas. I will say my expectations are very high for our Allure trip this August...the ship looks amazing.

So, what is RCL doing wrong? Where do they need to improve?

Actually, Allure of the Seas won the top spot for entertainment. :D

One thing that you have to keep in mind is that these awards are based on member reviews... and people only tend to review when they have issues with things. Also, most of the winners cost quite a bit more than the typical Royal cruise so they're not really in the same category as Royal. When people pay more for a cruise they tend to research it more and have a better idea of what to expect and also rate things higher.

Also, their categories are skewed. Large ships are those with greater than 2000 passengers so Oasis class are going head to head vs Disney's Dream class and that's really not an equivalent comparison.

And lastly... Norwegian Sky is the best large cruise ship for value?!? Ugh, I never want to go on that beast of a ship ever again! :eek: