Quick Packing

terrascape

I don't know if this is a record or not. We are leaving for the Sea-Tac airport in 2 hours to catch a flight for Miami. Then on to Fort Lauderdale for the Volendam on Tuesday. We began packing about 2 hours ago, and just finished with three suitcases. Nothing was laid out prior to the start of packing. It appears we have everything, but only time will tell. We normally allow a little longer for packing, but there has just been too much going on the last few days.

We are certainly looking forward to this cruise on the Volendam, and by all the reviews we have read on CC, we don't doubt that on our return there will be another positive review to add.

Did the gentleman pack long pants? That was missed by one

(in-)famous person lately.

Did the lady pack evening shoes? I forgot to pack those once.

If all is in the bag it's time to relax and enjoy.

Bon Voyage.

I don't know if this is a record or not. We are leaving for the Sea-Tac airport in 2 hours to catch a flight for Miami. Then on to Fort Lauderdale for the Volendam on Tuesday. We began packing about 2 hours ago, and just finished with three suitcases. Nothing was laid out prior to the start of packing. It appears we have everything, but only time will tell. We normally allow a little longer for packing, but there has just been too much going on the last few days.

LOL ... sounds like my normal packing routine. I work night work, and generally leave for the airport after work. I report in at midnight, and have to bring my bags in with me. I generally get up around 6:00 p.m. and pack. I don't make lists and don't lay anything out ahead of time. My bedroom is too small and laying stuff out on the bed would mean I couldn't use it to sleep! :)

Believe it or not, I've rarely forgotten anything of great importance ... sunblock once, spare batteries another time ... nothing that I couldn't buy on the ship.

I guess it's because I'm just packing for me, but personally I don't see the big fuss some people make about packing. To me, it's just shove the crap in the bag and go. :) I also don't pack a pile of clothes anymore now. I just pack what I think I'll need, and then plan on sending laundry out while on the ship if I run out of clean clothes.

I guess I try to put it in perspective. It's not like I'm going to the outback of Austrailia for six weeks ... or someplace where there are no stores ... no place to get provisions if they are needed. Rather, I'm gonna be on a ship where there are stores and services. Nothing I could forget (other than my passport and cruise docs) is truly that big of a disaster if I forget it. It can always be replaced.

Blue skies ...

--rita

In case of emergency, i.e., family illness out of town, I have a grab bag and I can be out of the house in 15 minutes or less. However, my packing "ritual" for a cruise is part of the fun. I enjoy it, and the chiding from my SO is part of it.

On the other hand, I like the get up and go aspect! Congratulations on your speed. Did you remember your toothbrush?

Archived