Freedom H2O zone not open till 4:30? on Day 1?

That's odd. I wonder if it's roped off or just not blowing the jets / water around. I could see them not wanting to have the sprays going with people walking around on the deck with luggage but completely closed off seams wrong. On the Harmony the kids area was open as soon as we boarded back in November.

Oh wow this is disappointing. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think and this is just conjecture that this is related to one of the recent drownings or near drownings aboard in the past few years. I was recently on Majesty which had added the H20 zone/water slides and they had a crew member watching (doing nothing else) when ever it was open. Crew members are very busing on turn around day and maybe they can't spare a person. I did notice on Oasis last spring the beach pool had a lot more kids than normal until after muster, but I didn't look to see if it was open.

A few years ago we had just boarded and were sitting at a table near the H2O zone and some poor girl was taken out unresponsive. She and her family had to debark. I never did find out if she was ok.

I think and this is just conjecture that this is related to one of the recent drownings or near drownings aboard in the past few years. I was recently on Majesty which had added the H20 zone/water slides and they had a crew member watching (doing nothing else) when ever it was open. Crew members are very busing on turn around day and maybe they can't spare a person. I did notice on Oasis last spring the beach pool had a lot more kids than normal until after muster, but I didn't look to see if it was open.

Bill, I can understand safety first. I guess my gripe is that Royal could spare 2 or 3 crew to watch the splash area for the kids. We sailed the Carnival Magic last year and they were open immediately. This is with them having 3 adult water slides as 2 toddler slides. The Freedom's area is wide open and much easier to monitor. We have early seating for dinner so for us that means no water park until day 2 which is a little disappointing.

With that said we will still make do and have a great time. I realize there are other options, I just wanted to voice my opinion on the original post.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums