RCI European Cruises with Kids

iujen94

Hi! So I'm already in the early stages of planning NEXT summer's vacation. DS11 wants a cruise, I want Europe. DH and DS14 will go with the flow. We've gone on several RCI Caribbean cruises, always on mega-ships like Allure and Oasis, which we love. The summer 2018 schedule isn't out yet, but I'm assuming most of the ships on the European circuit are smaller/older. I'm also guessing that there might be fewer kids and kids' activities on a European cruise. Can anyone who has taken kids on an RCI European cruise give me any insight as to what to expect? Thanks!!

Hi! So I'm already in the early stages of planning NEXT summer's vacation. DS11 wants a cruise, I want Europe. DH and DS14 will go with the flow. We've gone on several RCI Caribbean cruises, always on mega-ships like Allure and Oasis, which we love. The summer 2018 schedule isn't out yet, but I'm assuming most of the ships on the European circuit are smaller/older. I'm also guessing that there might be fewer kids and kids' activities on a European cruise. Can anyone who has taken kids on an RCI European cruise give me any insight as to what to expect? Thanks!!

Keep watching for announcements here, we might see Symphony (newest, largest RC ship) start sailing in Europe in time for Summer 2018.

There should be a Freedom class ship in Europe, they have many of the features of the bigger ships (flow rider, H2O zone, ice rink) If you sail from Southampton from mid July to end August there will be many children as it is UK summer holiday.

We've done Europe most specifically Turkey and Greece on Rhapsody with our kids and there were plenty of kids and teens for them to make friends and have fun with at night. I can tell you that every night there were activities on board for the kids and they always had something to do. Our boys were 11, 13 & 15 during our cruise and the Europe cruise was by far their favourite. The thing however on Rhapsody is there is less activities on board so the kids end up playing together.

We are also planning to return with another 4-5 families next summer. In total we will most likely have 11 kids. The other thing is our cruise was an 11 day so kids get to know each other that much better then on your typical 7 day cruise. We found a few great Princess 14 days cruises but are waiting for RCCL to put out their schedule as we would prefer to cruise with RCCL.

Europe on RCCL with Kids is an amazing experience, I strongly recommend it.

Edited by CdnTraveler78

There should be a Freedom class ship in Europe, they have many of the features of the bigger ships (flow rider, H2O zone, ice rink) If you sail from Southampton from mid July to end August there will be many children as it is UK summer holiday.

Yep! That's what we're doing this summer. We're on the Independence out of Southampton. I believe our 8-night cruise is the only one of that kind though. I assume the ship is doing other cruises before and after that. But the 8-night cruise is only sailing once.

And to the OP I can tell you what it's like after we get back! LOL!

Did Allure two summers ago with my kids. It was fantastic. The European trips are different from the usual Caribbean as your days are much longer out and about seeing stuff. But its great to come back to the ship and do the flowrider, pools, or whatever so they can just do what kids do. Highly recommend!

Cruises from Southampton & Barcelona will be full of kids in Summer. Likely to be less on Baltic sailings.

Southampton ships will be mainly British guests elsewhere it is a big mix from across the world.

Independence and Freedom this year of the bigger ships. Assume Symphony at least will be in Europe next year.