Bermuda scooter rentals

HBCcruiser

We were there 20 years ago, and again last September. We were a little nervous about renting this time, but did anyway. We stayed away from Hamilton traffic and rented in St. George to explore that end. Traffic was light and things really hadn't changed. Glad we did it. Sure there are risks, but there always have been.

We were there 20 years ago, and again last September. We were a little nervous about renting this time, but did anyway. We stayed away from Hamilton traffic and rented in St. George to explore that end. Traffic was light and things really hadn't changed. Glad we did it. Sure there are risks, but there always have been.

No way I would rent a scooter. Have seen many on my cruises who had injuries. Seen near accidents. Have a friend who broke her pelvis in a scooter accident in Bermuda. Every year some cruise ship passengers are in accidents with major injuries and some deaths. The roads are narrow, winding with no shoulders in most places. So no escape. And they drive on the other side than we do in the US.

St. George's is an exception because there is not as much traffic. So that was smart of you, you lowered your risk greatly, but I am afraid most won't follow that self limitation. I wouldn't bother renting a scooter in St. George's because the whole end can be walked. I have done it a bunch of times. When walking you see much more than in any vehicle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

St. George's is an exception because there is not as much traffic.

We did Bermuda June 2016. Did not even consider renting a scooter. BTW, I ride motorcycles.

My biggest concern or obstacle was driving on the wrong side of the road. Really not interested in giving that a shot.

Anyway, we took the ferry to St. George. I would have had no problem whatsoever renting a scooter there, as there is so little traffic. Once we got to Fort St. Catherine's, we hardly saw any cars.

So, if I ever do St. George again, I definitely will get a scooter and see a lot more.

We did Bermuda June 2016. Did not even consider renting a scooter. BTW, I ride motorcycles.

My biggest concern or obstacle was driving on the wrong side of the road. Really not interested in giving that a shot.

Anyway, we took the ferry to St. George. I would have had no problem whatsoever renting a scooter there, as there is so little traffic. Once we got to Fort St. Catherine's, we hardly saw any cars.

So, if I ever do St. George again, I definitely will get a scooter and see a lot more.

That was our thinking too. Traffic is very light on that end. Yes, you can walk St. George, but you can see much more (and much more efficiently) by scooter, particularly if you want to head over to Ferry Point or St. David's.

I didn't find the opposite-side issue to be a problem, it was more the narrow roads and the difference between the slow speeds of the rental scooters and the higher speeds of the locals.