Private Tour from Santos to São Paulo

jjmprod1963

Personally I'd just spend the day at the beach in Guaruja.

With time spent in rush hour traffic both ways, you won't have much time to see the city, and it is not really a touristic destination, but a business capital. Lots of highrises/skyscrapers, a few second rate museums and shopping/restaurants you can find in any other world city.

Personally I'd just spend the day at the beach in Guaruja.

With time spent in rush hour traffic both ways, you won't have much time to see the city, and it is not really a touristic destination, but a business capital. Lots of highrises/skyscrapers, a few second rate museums and shopping/restaurants you can find in any other world city.

Thanks for your advice! I was starting to think that staying around Santos would be better myself. I appreciate your help!

You probably already received your answer, but Santos is a great port and we very much enjoyed our day there. We lucked out with a terrific taxi driver and ended up spending most of the day touring with him. Sights included the Pele museum, the coffee museum, a street car ride, parks, cathedrals, soccer stadium, aquarium, beaches and lunch, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Going to Sao Paulo from a cruise ship is a huge risk. I was there twice in December and one trip the ship tour was 3 hours late getting back.

As for Santos- it's a fabulous place to visit, simple and easy to do your own touring. I recommend including the Coffee Museum, Historic Streetcar and Funicular. Architectural strolling. I easily did this in the port day.

I recommend taking the Streetcar first, then you have a nice orientation look around. Be sure to get the English guide sheet. The numbers will be yelled out. This is a noisy ride, since it's historically original. Easy to just say, to your transportation to take you to the Pele Museum.

You do HAVE to arrange your own transportation out of the port. Taxis are lined up, was $20 US. There were some people who enjoyed the Pele museum as well. I did not go in. This is where the Streetcar station is.