closest store near port

motherchic

• 2 weeks later...

Amsterdam cheese and liquor store is lovely and has lots of choices. This would be my recommendation. It's at DOC Maarten beside Chesterfields restaurant. It's on the walk to town so it's very near the port.

Amsterdam cheese and liquor store is lovely and has lots of choices. This would be my recommendation. It's at DOC Maarten beside Chesterfields restaurant. It's on the walk to town so it's very near the port.

As stated the Amsterdam Cheese Store should have what you are looking for. I have stopped here several times but have not actually bought any of the cheeses. It is a short walk from the cruise port. Upon leaving the port take a left. According to Google Maps it is only 450 meters, which seems about right. The store is also on your left.

do you know, if at the Amsterdam cheese shop, if they sell the cheese wheels of Gouda encased in wax? Thats what I want. No problems with going through customs

I would have to believe it is encased in wax. It looks like it from the pictures I have seen. They know much of their business is from tourists off the cruise ships. If you read the reviews on TripAdvisor it sounds like many people buy to bring back home.

I would have to believe it is encased in wax. It looks like it from the pictures I have seen. They know much of their business is from tourists off the cruise ships. If you read the reviews on TripAdvisor it sounds like many people buy to bring back home.

Thank you :-)